Help Installing Theme – Sample Data

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support Help Installing Theme – Sample Data

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    smargm

Hi Guys,

Im having issues setting up the theme I followed teh video but when I came to settings/reading there is no Home Page to set.

Are you able to set up my theme with Home Page 2.

Details below.

smargm
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Strangely the import stops at a certain point always. Can you pls provide FTP details so that we can enable debug and see what error is being hit. Have you seen any error messages in the error log on server by any chance? Pls let us know.

smargm
    Raghavendra

Sorry your installation simply fails to import certain thing and just fails. Somewhere it gets stuck completely and debug is not helping in identify the issue. I see a few errors like –

[26-Oct-2014 03:50:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/home/xxx/public_html/xxx.com/wp-includes/media.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/php’) in /home/xxx/public_html/xxxx.com/wp-settings.php on line 148

in the error log and also some directories like against, great, need, said, touched, years etc. What are these? Something wrong with your wordpress installation in both domains – since it just keeps waiting doing nothing. Can you pls reinstall WordPress – get a fresh installation done and let me know when ready so that I can try uploading the data again?

BTW, I am noticing that your .htaccess file is empty! Although I fixed it, I would strongly recommend you setup the WordPress installation again so as to avoid problems later on.

smargm
    smargm
    Raghavendra

We tried again – the same issue and I see lots of unwanted directories in the installation folder. Is it ok to delete everything and do a fresh WP install for these addon domains? Also, pls give us a few hours to get this done.

smargm
    Raghavendra

I installed everything fresh wordpress install downloaded from wordpress.org, uploaded the theme and retried but the same strange issue – the import just does nothing even though it does stay busy for a long time. The data just does not get into the system somehow- really strange. I have no clue since we did not see anything in the error log too and have never come across such an issue. Can you contact your hosting provider regarding this? Is our server blocked by any chance?

Before you install our theme – I would recommend you try this – activate the Twenty Fourteen theme (standard WordPress theme) and then import the sample data provided by the WordPress team here – https://wpcom-themes.svn.automattic.com/demo/theme-unit-test-data.xml. I tried the same and even that is not importing at all. That unit test data is pretty lightweight and the theme also is lightweight and hence this is not a resource issue. If the hosting does not resolve this issue, pls consider switching your hosting provider since WordPress simply does not work right on this server.

Raghavendra
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.