Header width

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Antonio Scotti
    Participant

Hi,
    I would like to be able to change the width of the main header, as in the picture included, where it says “About”
    I am trying to change this using the option in the Header options section of the page editing area that says:

“Page/Post Title Height
    Specify the approximate height in pixel units that the entry title area for a page/post occupies along with the background. ”

Is this the right place where this can be changed? Because I do set a new width but nothing happens.
    Thanks
    Antonio

Antonio Scotti
    Participant

I have seen another way to do this, by using the Theme Options->header. The thing is that apparently I cannot make the header smaller than a certain amount by just acting on this settings page. Is there any way to go to 50 pixels of width or below? (by the way what is the default set width?)

Same thing with the main footer (footer 1). Can’t see where to modify its width.
    Regards
    Antonio

Veena

What you need to change exactly height or width?
    You can change the title area height by adjusting the padding.
    Pls try the below custom CSS in themeoptions –

#title-area {
        padding: 70px 0 45px;
    }

Antonio Scotti
    Participant

Thanks. It’s actually the height that needs to be changed
    So as far as I can see, the left parameter changes the height, the middle parameter changes the height of the title and the right parameter? I gave it different values but nothing seems to happen

Is there a way to eliminate the header (reduce to zero px), if necessary? I see that if I put the height to 0px, it shrinks to a minimum height but doesn’t reduce to zero.

As for the footer, does it work in a similar way? But what would be equivalent of the “#title-area”?
    Regards

Veena

If you don’t want to display title area for some reason then you can use the custom CSS as below –

.page-id-5473 #title-area {
       display: none;
    }

you need to replace 5473 with your page id.

For footer you can use the below –

div#sidebars-footer {
        padding: 60px 0 0px;
    }

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Peak Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.