Header issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    decayg

I’m trying to create my own button for the header. I followed your instructions in a previous post about dragging the text widget to the header area and inserting the button shortcode. Nothing appears. I tried a few other widgets in the header area as well in order to test it and none of them appeared either. Additionally, I tested inserting something in one of the footer areas via the text widget and that actually worked.

Let me know what I can do.

Thanks.

Veena

Pls share a link to your site with temporary access details as a private reply here, we will take a look.

decayg
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

The menu duplication is common problem with WordPress if you imported multiple times. The way to overcome the same is to delete all menus after you are done with your import and then do one last import to restore the menus to original settings.

You can also use the Simple Menu Delete plugin for quick delete.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-menu-delete/

Pls use the below custom CSS in themeoptions –

#pricing-faq-header h3.fancy-header {
      background-color: #000;
      font-family: serif;
      color: #93192B;
    }
    #pricing-faq {
      border: 1px solid #000;
      background-color: #93192B;
      color: #fff;
    }

You can use chrome developer tools to fix minor styling issues.

decayg

I’ve been trying to get the menu right for my one page. The problem is, I was unable to add any page sections to it and I needed to add one. I ended up deleting all the menus to see if I could get it to regenerate the proper menu, but unfortunately that didn’t work. I’ve been through the documentation and the forum. What can I do to get the simple one page menu, with the page sections I want showing up in it?

Right now, I’ve got the website I want, but no menus. None of the options that I can find on the menu controls give me the option of building a menu out of page sections or adding them. Hope you guys have a simple solution. I’m going a bit nuts with this.

Thanks.

Veena

Pls do one last import of sample data that will restore the menus to original settings.

decayg

Won’t that wipe away the site I built?

Veena

Importing on top of existing content will not change existing content since a post/page is ignored if it already exists and no data is deleted during import.

decayg

Thanks. That got a menu back onto the one page. It’s a default menu, though (home, home 2, features, etc), with links to https://www.livemeshthemes.com/appdev/. I’m not sure how to get the one page menu that will list and navigate within the uniquely named page sections of the site I built. I can replace the url’s, certainly, but since it’s listing default pages with default names, I’m not sure how to change that to reflect the names of the section I’m using for my site.

I’d build a new menu, but there’s not an option to list page sections. I suppose I could create new pages with the correct names I want, create a menu out of those, then alter the URLs to the sections of the one page, but that seems like a lot of jerry-rigging for something that seems like it’s supposed to be more intuitive. Am I missing something? I’ve been going through the video and documentation both to try and figure this out.

One other thing worth noting is that on each of the individual page sections’ pages, the correct one page menu for my site appears, with the names of my uniquely named sections and internal links (to individual pages as opposed to # I would use for the scroll navigation within the one page site). That menu, however does not appear in the menus page.

decayg

Apologies-
    I just figured out how to do the above question myself through the options on the HOME page.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Header issue’ is closed to new replies.