Having 4 Columns on Blog Page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    reececropley

Hello,

On the blog page I can see that each .post is wrapped in a sixcol div. I was just wondering whether there is a setting in the theme options that would allow me to change this to threecol. (Basically I want 4 posts displayed one after another).

Or would I have to change this in the code editor? If so which file would I be looking for and would there be an issue setting the fourth div to have the .last assigned to it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reece Cropley

reececropley

Just for anyone’s info, I managed to solve this by changing the following:

In wp-content > themes > enigmatic > framework > functions > blog-content.php on line 47, find:

$number_of_columns = 2;

replace with

$number_of_columns = 4;

I presume if the theme was updated then this would be overwritten. Any other input would be brilliant.

livemesh
    Keymaster

I feel this is would be the easiest solution with just a one word code change. I had implemented this quite sometime back and may be I did not even realise then someone could use this to change the blog layout.

Yes, it will get overwritten by updates. I tried to avoid this using CSS but results were difficult to achieve due to presence of a extra div .clear element. Cannot use css http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_nth-child.asp to target the 4th child after changing the width of the .sixcol to something like 22%. If you hide the clear element(display:none), then your layout can break if the box sizes are not even. Hope this makes sense.

reececropley

Yeah that makes sense. Ill just have to make a note in case I ever update.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Enigmatic Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.