Grid and Post Block not loading previews or posts

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Elementor Addons Support Grid and Post Block not loading previews or posts

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    evan
    Participant

I don’t know what is going on with the grid and post block widgets. Sometimes they seem to be working and then I’ll refresh the page and all of a sudden the previews either don’t load at all or they load and then they disappear.

I’ve deleted the widgets several times and started from scratch and they work a few times then the same thing happens again. I have the latest php installed so thats not the problem. I’ve cleared the cache every time it happens so thats not the problem. Also a few times when I could click the load more or read more button it wouldn’t load any previews. Then another time when I clicked on one of the categories in the filter bar the preview for that category would show up on top of the others.

Sometimes it looks fine in the editing window but then the preview gets screwed up.

Basically it’s pretty messed up. I only paid for the addons for the grid and post block so if it isn’t going to work I have no reason to use it.

I’ve attached a file of what the latest Grid looks like right now. That’s the whole thing. not cropped at all. The footer is below that.

evan
    Participant

It seems like the problem arises when I change the header at all. When I change the “Heading for the block” or the typography it has trouble loading. It seems to work when the heading is blank so I’ll leave it at that for now but I hope you can fix this.

Raghavendra

Can I get a temp login to the site or a link to the page at least? I can’t seem to reproduce this in my site and this is really weird. It is possible that there is an JS error on this page. Thanks for reporting.

evan
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

The issue is due to mismatch between the oceanwp theme supplied isotope script and ours. The actual error is being raised in the main.min.js of the theme and hence the Javascript of ours fails too. I tried to find as much as I can on what version of isotope they are using but unfortunately it is all minimized and jumbled right now in their main.min.js file. Pls get in touch with theme support and let them know about the error below which is being raised by the page. We are on isotope 3 and hence I would confirm with them if they are on the same else we have an issue if they are still on older version of isotope. If they are on isotope 3, then they probably have a bug that they need to fix in their main.min.js file. The error being raised is –

isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:3349 Uncaught Error: No layout mode: undefined
    at SubClass.proto._mode (isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:3349)
    at SubClass.proto._resetLayout (isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:3360)
    at SubClass.proto._layout (isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:3060)
    at SubClass.proto.arrange (isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:3088)
    at SubClass.proto.layout (isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:3049)
    at SubClass.Outlayer (isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:1414)
    at new SubClass (isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:2218)
    at HTMLDivElement. (main.min.js?ver=1.5.11:formatted:845)
    at Function.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at a.fn.init.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    proto._mode @ isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:3349
    proto._resetLayout @ isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:3360
    proto._layout @ isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:3060
    proto.arrange @ isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:3088
    proto.layout @ isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:3049
    Outlayer @ isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:1414
    SubClass @ isotope.pkgd.js?ver=1.9.0:2218
    (anonymous) @ main.min.js?ver=1.5.11:formatted:845
    each @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2
    d @ main.min.js?ver=1.5.11:formatted:842
    a.fn.(anonymous function) @ main.min.js?ver=1.5.11:formatted:854
    WidgetLAEPortfolioHandler @ lae-widgets.js?ver=1.9.0:404
    s @ frontend.min.js?ver=2.0.6:2
    doAction @ frontend.min.js?ver=2.0.6:2
    runReadyTrigger @ frontend.min.js?ver=2.0.6:2
    (anonymous) @ frontend.min.js?ver=2.0.6:2
    initHandlers @ frontend.min.js?ver=2.0.6:2
    n @ frontend.min.js?ver=2.0.6:2
    init @ frontend.min.js?ver=2.0.6:2
    i @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2
    fireWith @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2
    ready @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2
    K @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2

evan
    Participant

Thanks for your response.

I passed along that information and the theme developer said he had been using Isotope 3.0.4 but will update to 3.0.6 with the next update. Do you think that will fix the problem? If not do you have a recommendation of an Elementor friendly theme that is tested and approved to work with your plugin. Most of the things I used Ocean for are covered by Elementor 2.0 now so I don’t mind switching.

Raghavendra

If they are on 3.x already it is something to do with their code in main.min.js. Let me do some testing from our side in our dev server with this theme and get back to you within next 24 hours. I would like to check if this is reproducible without our plugin installed.

Raghavendra

I tested with the oceanwp version installed on your server with elementor pro latest version and cannot reproduce this strange issue. Will investigate some more and see if I can get to the root of this.

Raghavendra

BTW, we must have a sizeable number of customers using oceanwp theme and none have reported this to us so far.

Raghavendra

Something strange with the previous page – no element, including native ones to elementor, sticks in that page and page gets blank. May be it was created using the beta or early release of Elementor 2.

I created a new page with the same flex header and everything looks good now. Grid, posts blocks all look fine. Although sometimes I do see some errors at times in the console, the issue is not due to the same. I would suggest you continue with the new page and report back to me if you hit the issue again. I don’t recommend changing the theme for this since it seems to work fine in local dev server.

Raghavendra
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Elementor Addons Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.