Google Fonts Compatibility

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rye814

My client is unable to see changes I made to the body text font in the Theme Options panel. I’ve chosen a Google font from the dropdown menu, Lato. Strangely, the header font (Montserrat) seems to be working and this error is only affecting the body text (Lato). (All Google fonts in the Theme options dropdown menu have an *asterik and are gray.) I am using a child-theme install.

I’ve identified the problem as a browser compatibility issue, noting the following:

APPLE OS
    Safari: working
    Chrome: working
    Firefox: *not working*

WINDOWS
    IE: *not working*
    Chrome: working
    Firefox: *not working*

Attached are screenshots for Windows Chrome (left) and Firefox (right), Windows IE, and Apple Firefox.

rye814
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Sure login will help. Hard to know exactly what is happening unless we see the backend generated code.

This post is indeed private. You can verify the same by visiting it after you logout from the support site. Of course, you can also reply in private with the login.

rye814
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Looks like we have a small “bug” in the CSS that is being generated based on chosen options. You will need to search for and remove over FTP

.contact-form ::-webkit-input-placeholder, .wpcf7-form ::-webkit-input-placeholder, 

from the framework/extensions/stylizer.php file line number 186. This “non-standard” vendor specific CSS is making Firefox to ignore the CSS generated completely for some reason. Pls remove the same and things should look better on Firefox at least. Should help for IE too.

I have updated the source code to remove this and next update will have this removed and hence your change should be safe. Thanks for pointing this out to us.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.