Front Page Stretch Issue & Menu Arrangement

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Front Page Stretch Issue & Menu Arrangement

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    simtimpson

Hi!

I’m seeing a problem w/ stretched or boxed mode for the pages and I can’t find a setting that seems to change the behavior. What I liked about the live demo was that the revolution slider and other bars/graphics would stretch across the entire window but that the main body of each page would fit w/in a specific dimension (like boxed mode). I also like the parchment-like background that’s part of the theme and I’d like to keep that across the entire page (as in the live demo) but when I select boxed mode to the page content into a box everything outside the box disappears. Granted, I can add a background image or change the background color, but that’s not what I want so I’m guessing boxed-mode isn’t the right setting. I imagine the live demo would have been created from all the default options available in the theme but I can’t seem to find how to do this.

Also, I’ve read several discussions on the title bar and resizing issue depending on device and resolution it’s being viewed from. Didn’t see any solutions. The behavior I’m seeing is that when resizing the window the menus then drop down beneath the logo image as the window shrinks, eventually turning into a menu icon beneath the shopping cart. Then as it gets smaller both of those icons overlap the title logo image. The position of the shopping cart also gets wonky as the window shrinks and it’s out of place.

simtimpson
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena
    simtimpson
    Veena

You can change the Themelayout in Themeoptions > Site Layout tab.
    And also pls visit Themeoptions > Backgrounds tab.

Pls add the below custom CSS in themeoptions –

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px)
    {
    #site-logo {
      max-width: 70%;
      max-height: 70%;
    }}
    {
    .woocommerce-site #mobile-menu-toggle {
      top: 40px;
      left: 0;
    }}
    {
    .woocommerce-site .cart-contents {
      top: 40px;
    }}

If you import theme sample data things will be very easy .
    And If you have any further queries pls share that in bulleted lists, otherwise there is a chance to miss some.

simtimpson

Hi phoenix,

Thanks for the CSS code! That definitely helped w/ the sizing/spacing of the menus across the top.

Regarding the theme options and theme layout I still have some questions. I’ve been through those areas pretty thoroughly and don’t see the options to make the changes I’d like in order to get all pages to display as the demo site.

Example:

On the demo site, every page that has a revolution slider or bar-graphic of some kind (like the dark gray band at the bottom of contact info) stretches across the entire window no matter the size of the window. However the body content (title/logo bar, text, etc) seems fit within a confined space. This looks like boxed layout, but isn’t (as far as I know) because boxed layout confines all (revolution slider included). Attached is a screen shot of the example of the layout I’d like to achieve as on the demo. The dotted line is the confined area I can’t seem to get on my pages.

Thanks again!

simtimpson

I think I figured it out, correct me if I’m wrong. Initially the front page page template was set as “home page”. I adjusted this in Pages > page edit > Template, and selected something different. The page content “box” or confinement exists in the other templates but not the home page. Then I just added the revolution slider into the custom header and selected it to span entire screen. Although I would expect this layout to exist (as an option at least) in the “home page” template considering there’s a separate template for “Full Width”.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.