FitPro VC Elements

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    athletesp
    Participant

I updated VC and now I don’t the VC elements that came with the FitPro theme. I would’ve assumed the FirPro VC update would have the same VC elements that are geared towards the FitPro theme. i.e. trainer elements, class elements, etc. Those are gone but I still have other elements.

Is there a way to add those back?

Veena

Did you update templatera plugin ?
    Pls share a temp login to your site here as a private reply we ll help you out.

athletesp
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

The login credentials are not working it seems. Can you pls check?

athletesp
    Participant

Hi Veena

I just check and it works on my end for the UN and PW provided. Can you please try again.

Veena

Pls update your theme to latest version 2.6 and check. We did some fixes in the latest version.

athletesp
    Participant

Thanks Veena
    I have 2.3 installed and it doesn’t show there’s an update available in my dashboard. Is there a theme .zip file or something I can upload?

Veena

You need to download latest version theme from your themeforest account > download tab .
    And unzip the theme downloaded bundle find fitpro.zip file and upload the same.

athletesp
    Participant

Veena
    Please forgive me foe being cautious.

Do I need to delete FitPro 2.3 and it’s child theme form my dashboard and then upload FitPro 2.6? I obviously don’t want to lose my work. I tried uploading 2.6 and it says the destination folder already exists.

Veena

Pls deactivate child theme first and activate a default theme like twenty fourteen .
    Delete the parent theme “Fitpro” and upload the newest version then activate the child theme.
    If you have done any modification in any of the themefiles then this method is not advisable.

You can follow the regular procedure if you haven’t done any modification in themefiles..ie. just delete the theme through wp-dashboard and upload latest theme zip file.
    OR
    Updating Theme –
    The way I update is to replace all files. No matter what method you use (there are plugins too like this – http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/ and http://www.wpexplorer.com/envato-wordpress-toolkit-guide/ to update easily), you will need to backup your changes and redo any changes you made to the files on the new installation.

Use tools like DiffMerge or WinMerge to compare the old and new files and redo the changes. You will spend probably an hour doing this but not more, specially if you have made changes only to a few select files.

The dashboard settings will be retained and hence Custom CSS entered into theme options should be fine. It’s always a good idea to have a backup though. Hope this helps.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘FitPro Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.