January 10, 2014 at 9:38 am #3686
Hi, I have tried searching the forum but haven’t found anything. I have a few issues that I would appreciate some help on. URL http://managingthemist.com
1. For some reason the Twitter Feed is no longer working on both footer and sidebars.
2. I have been informed that the RSS Feed is not working. I have no experience in this I’m afraid so I don’t know where to start.
3. In the footer is it possible to add a Pinterest icon to sit with the other social icons (Facebook, twitter,linkedin etc)?
I can supply login if needed.
Thanks in advance
MarkJanuary 10, 2014 at 9:39 am #3687This reply has been marked as private.January 10, 2014 at 1:59 pm #3696January 11, 2014 at 3:13 pm #3708
I will take a look at the above as quickly as I can. Meanwhile, for Twitter, can you try the suggestions provided in the following post? –
You will need to load the recent tweets plugin or configure the official twitter widget. The old twitter widget provided by the theme does not work anymore since the API has expired.January 12, 2014 at 4:09 pm #3715
I tried all the URLs for the RSS feed and every url I tried had the latest post and hence the feed seems to be updating fine. All the below URLs are reporting fine –
Can you give a little more detail on this? May be the article linked below can help debug the issue.January 12, 2014 at 4:27 pm #3716
1) Regarding the Pinterest icon, the theme currently does not support it and will require code change to do so. Best way to go about this is to use a custom plugin instead of relying on the theme. I found the following two plugins which may meet your need but I am sure there are many more around in WordPress plugins directory –
http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-social-icons/ – this one lets you add any social network of your choice. You just provide the URL and the icon (lots of them available on the net through google image search).
Hope this helps.
2) Regarding the portfolio page, can you let me know the page for which you want the URL to be changed? I looked and there were many pages which were portfolio pages but marked private. If you let me know the page or tell me how you want the portfolio page to be laid out (columns, filterable etc.), I can help you with the change you requested. From the description it looks like you want a permalink change and that should be easy to do in WordPress (hope I understood this right).January 12, 2014 at 5:58 pm #3717This reply has been marked as private.January 14, 2014 at 1:45 pm #3734
1) With regard to changing the portfolio to service for the individual “portfolio” items, can you try changing the value of the slug parameter at line number 337 in framework/framework.php from –
'rewrite' => array('slug' => 'portfolio'),
'rewrite' => array('slug' => 'service'),
and see if that makes a difference? For this change to reflect, you will have to manually go to Settings > Permalinks in WordPress Admin and refresh your permalink structure before your custom post type will show the correct structure.
2) As I said earlier, the links I sent are all working –
and they do return me an XML based feed. Are you pointing to a different URL. There is nothing the theme or admin needs to do to setup feeds. They are setup automatically. There is some more information on this here –
and there are additional links at the bottom of the article. Hope this is helping.
- The forum ‘Enigmatic Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.