Featured image in posts

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mikeintosh

I’d like to get rid of the featured image in archive pages. I was able to edit single.php to disable it in posts, but I’m not sure what to change in blog-content.php for achive pages.

I’d also suggest the featured image in posts to be an option (I know I don’t have to set it but I need to in order to get a thumbnail for blog shortcodes)

livemesh
    Keymaster

Better to not change the code files. I think the CSS route is better (certain browsers are probably intelligent enough to not load the images if they are not being shown). Pls insert the following CSS into Custom CSS tab in the Theme Options panel or the /custom/custom.css file

.archive .default-list .image-area, .search .default-list .image-area { display: none; }

I don’t feel comfortable with an option to disable them for blogs in options. Looks like yours is a custom requirement – not having images show up in blogs but display them in blog shortcodes. I would leave it to the user to not set the featured image. Hope you agree. Thanks.

mikeintosh

Thanks. Sure, I agree, anyone with the same requirement can use this CSS bit, which is perfectly fine for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured image in posts’ is closed to new replies.