Fatal error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Yoni Krispilyoni krispil
    Participant

Hello
    I try to install the addons-for-elementor-pro and got this:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
    Fatal error: Can’t use method return value in write context in
    wp-content/plugins/addons-for-elementor-pro/includes/blocks/block-header.php on line 50

Help..
    Yoni

Attachments:
    VeenaVeena

Pls ensure that you have at least PHP 5.5 installed on your server. You can contact your hosting regarding the same. The current recommended version for WordPress is atleast 5.6 and preferably PHP 7.1.

The latest version of the plugin is not compatible with older versions of PHP. Although we have an internal update which has fixed this issue, I highly recommend everyone upgrade to 5.6+. We have had only couple of reports of this happening so far and hence I assume the number of installations is really small.

More information here –

https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

https://wpengine.com/support/php-7-faq/

Jeremy MorrisJeremy Morris
    Participant

Hello, I am currently running PHP 5.6.32 on my server and I also just installed the following fatal error while trying to activate plugin:

Warning: require_once(…/wp-content/plugins/addons-for-elementor-pro/includes/blocks/block-header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in …/wp-content/plugins/addons-for-elementor-pro/includes/blocks/blocks-init.php on line 35

Any advice on how to fix?

RaghavendraRaghavendra

Jeremy – have you ensured that the free version of the plugin is deactivated? Generally the plugin warns the user on the admin side if you have both free and PRO activated but there may be some cases where the notice may be bypassed.

If that does not fix the issue, pls reupload the plugin once again just to ensure that none of the files were missed during installation on the server.

You can open a new private thread and post a temp login to the site just in case the above two measures do not help. We will take a look.

Jeremy MorrisJeremy Morris
    Participant

Awesome, thank you! Reinstalling plugin did the trick!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal error’ is closed to new replies.