Extinct Theme: Demo Data Comment Spam

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Extinct Theme: Demo Data Comment Spam

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ximbalo

Hello,

I am just starting out a new project to be based on the Extinct Theme.
    My client loves your theme, and as a developer of course I do to because I suggested it to her.

But I have always meant to stop in here and pose a suggestion:
    When you install the demo data it comes with 130+ SPAM comments.
    And, you know, for obvious reasons, that’s just wrong, and unnecessary.

Before you generate and publish a Demo Data import file, don’t you think it would be a good idea to remove this kind of stuff? And yes, of course, I can and am doing that now.

But by-and-large, non-developer types who use your theme, and/or the 90% of developers who are just careless and sloppy in their work… would just not even know or think to do this.

So, you’re essentially delivering a theme to people that is FULL OF SPAM and VIRAL MALWARE LINKS. Right?

Just a suggestion, and BTW, one that I usually have to make to the development team of almost Every, Single, Theme that I buy. *sigh*

Raghavendra
    This reply has been marked as private.
    kay99_1

ACK!!! Same here. TONS of Chinese spam WITH links in the XML file.

WTH????? Is this fixed now? I just downloaded it all half an hour ago (again), so the “version” I got must be the current one. With spam in the comments?

Veena

Hi kay99_1,

Can you pls open a new thread so that we can share the latest sample data with you , however we will have an update within a week’s time to address this issue .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.