Expand length summary

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    yipit

Hi there,

Is it possible to expand the length of a blog post summary on the homepage?

Thanks!

yipit
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ernesto

Hi,
    Could you send me a link to your web page in order to inspect the issue ourserlves?

Thanks in advance.

yipit
    Ernesto

Hi, could you please show me which ShortCode you´re using to display blog posts?

Thanks in advance!

yipit

Hi,

[show_post_snippets post_type=”post” number_of_columns=2 post_count=2 image_size=’large’ excerpt_count=250 display_title=true show_meta=false display_summary=true show_excerpt=”false” hide_thumbnail=”false”]

Thanks!

yipit

Also, how do I display the ‘Read More’ button under a except/summary on the homepage?

Thanks!

Ernesto

Hi, you might want to try using the following code, replacing the X with the desired number of characters you want for your summaries.

[show_post_snippets post_type="post" number_of_columns=2 post_count=2 image_size='large' excerpt_count=X display_title=true show_meta=false display_summary=false show_excerpt="true" hide_thumbnail="false"]

Let me know if it works.

yipit

Nope, ain’t working. Do you have any other suggestions?
    Also, would it be possible to work with the “split text in read more” in the kitchensink of a post. So I could decided when I wanted to ‘cut’ the excerpt?
    And could the excerpt fully align?

Thanks in advance!

Ernesto

Hi,

If you want to use the Read More link, you need to set the shortcode to this:

[show_post_snippets post_type="post" number_of_columns=2 post_count=2 image_size='large' excerpt_count='X' display_title=true show_meta=false display_summary=true show_excerpt=false hide_thumbnail=false]

In case of the excerpt, you can use:

[show_post_snippets post_type="post" number_of_columns=2 post_count=2 image_size='large' excerpt_count=X display_title=true show_meta=false display_summary=true show_excerpt=true hide_thumbnail=false]

Try that and let us know the outcome.

yipit

Hi there,

I can now adjust the size of the excerpts, although I still can’t see ‘read more button’. Any suggestions?

Ernesto

Hi, did you apply the first code?
    And did you insert the “Read more” tag in the content of the post?

yipit

Hi,

I did. And I did ;). Maybe you could have a look via the test account, because I can’t figure it out. Thanks!

Raghavendra

There are two code changes to be done to make this work – discovered a small issue where the show_excerpt is ignored. Currently, the Read More button is not supported with this shortcode and hence you will need to make a custom code change (see 2 below). With the change 1 below, the excerpt_count will be ignored and you will need to use the more tag to specify the length(same as regular blog page).

1) Insert the following code to the start of the method at line number 456 of framework/functions/post-functions.php –

$show_excerpt = mo_to_boolean($show_excerpt);

2) Insert the following code at line number 506 of the above file framework/functions/post-functions.php –

$output .= '' . __('Read More', 'mo_theme') . '';

That should help show the Read More button for the blog entries.

yipit

Thanks, you guys are heros! Just one more thing, would it be possible to hide/delete the [···]
    at the bottom of the excerpt? Since the button kinda does the same thing. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.