Event Carousel omits some events

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support Event Carousel omits some events

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    knowlengr

Hi,

The Events Page Section contains this short code

[post_snippets_carousel id=”events-carousel” post_type=”tribe_events” navigation=”true” post_count=9 image_size=’medium’ display_title=true show_meta=true display_summary=true show_excerpt=”true” excerpt_count=80 hide_thumbnail=”false” navigation=”true”]

I don’t see the documentation for the carousel, but it’s not in theme options or the shipped doc. Maybe I did not spot it.

I have a single nonrecurring event on 3 June 2015 that is not showing in the carousel.

knowlengr
    This reply has been marked as private.
    knowlengr

OK – I see that this is documented as a post snippet.

So I probably just need to know how to set the post type.

knowlengr

Well, the post type is fine, so it’s some other tweak. I can see the post type in CPT and it looks like the other events.

Veena
    This reply has been marked as private.
    knowlengr

Greetings.

Thanks for looking at this. Is it possible that the carousel only shows current + future events? This is the event that didn’t show up.

http://kryptonbrothers.com/event/patient-privacy-forum-2015/

Is there a setting to change that? If not, I can live with it.

Thanks

Raghavendra

If you need the same, you will need to customize the code to achieve the same. There is no built-in way to achieve this. You will need to modify the function mo_get_post_snippets_list() at line number 497 of framework/functions/post-functions.php file to check for event date and filter the post accordingly (at that line number 498, you can find some customization that we do for staff custom post type as an example). Hope this helps. You can have a look at framework/shortcodes/custom-posts-shortcodes.php file at line number 176 to see how we obtain future events for our upcoming events list. In short, it is a little involved but can be done with some familiarity with PHP.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.