Error submitting contact form

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jlebrun

I have embedded the contact form shortcode into a popup using OptinMonster. You can see it by clicking the blue contact button at the bottom of this page:
    https://www.zling.com/production/search-engine-optimization/

When I submit the form though, it takes me to this URL and a blank white page.
    https://www.zling.com/production/wp-content/themes/enigmatic/enigmatic/framework/scripts/sendmail.php

Am I missing some setting somewhere or something?

Thanks!

Raghavendra

Can you pls a temp login as a private message here so that we can try out a few things? Does this problem occur only if you embed in the popup or everywhere else too like in a regular page?

jlebrun

It happens wherever I put the form. I am using this code:

<form class=”contact-form ” action=”https://www.zling.com/production/wp-content/themes/enigmatic/enigmatic/framework/scripts/sendmail.php&#8221; method=”post”><fieldset><p><input type=”text” name=”contact_name” placeholder=”Your Name” class=”text-input” required></p><p><input type=”email” name=”contact_email” placeholder=”Your Email” class=”text-input” required></p><p><input type=”tel” name=”contact_phone” placeholder=”Your Phone” class=”text-input”></p><p class=”human-check”><label>* I am a human and 4 + 9 = </label><input type=”text” name=”human_check” class=”text-input” size=”5″ style=”width: 50px;”></p><button type=”submit” class=”button large yellow”>Send<i class=”icon-email”></i></button><input type=”hidden” name=”mail_to” value=”lebrun.jessica@hotmail.com”/></fieldset></form>

Raghavendra

Any reason why you are not using the shortcode itself? There could be an error in html or WordPress is a little unreliable when it comes to handling html due to auto formatting.

jlebrun

I did that because I wanted to remove the labels that were displaying about the fields, and also so I could remove the message box because I don’t need that.

Is there a way to use the shortcode but have it display as I have it now?

Thanks!

Veena

Yes, you can use the shortcode and then you need to apply custom CSS to adjust the styling.

jlebrun

I tried that before and was not able to customize it how I needed it completely. So there is no way to make it work the way I have it? Thanks!

Raghavendra

I don’t see a reason why it would not work but a slight error can make things difficult for you. Any reason why did not consider using a plugin like contact form 7 which will let you do unlimited customization. It is extremely popular and well worth the investment of time in the long run.

jlebrun

Since I was only going to have one form on my site, I thought I could just use the theme’s form. Do you see any mistakes in my code?

Raghavendra

Any reason why you have a directory named enigmatic inside enigmatic for the themes folder? I am not sure that would work right since wordpress would look for relevant files like templates and style.css in the themes/enigmatic folder. Can you pls check and try to move the enigmatic folder contents to the parent themes/enigmatic folder? Pls check and let me know if that helps.

jlebrun

Thanks, I tried that, no luck. Is there a way for me to set the form to redirect to a specific URL upon completion? That would solve my problem.

Raghavendra

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble with this. Can you do a quick check with this plugin and see if emails are being sent –

https://wordpress.org/plugins/check-email/

and if successful, pls post a temp login and I will try to take a closer look. Thanks.

jlebrun
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Enigmatic Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.