Editing individual sidebars contents

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Peak Theme Support Editing individual sidebars contents

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Antonio Scotti
    Participant

Hi,
    I see that the sidebar can be customized by inserting different widgets types in it.
    The question is how can I have the content of each page’s sidebar be different?
    Also I put a “Custom Posts” widget inside the Sidebar widget, but it is difficult to customize
    because some of the fields aren’t very visible (see attached image)
    Regards
    Antonio

Veena

Wp-admin menu is hiding the fields?

Can i get a temp login to your site with admin rights here as a private reply?

Antonio Scotti
    Participant

Dear Veena,
    Well, right now I checked again and it appears to be showing correctly. I don’t understand why last night it appeared as cut by the WP-admin menu.

Still I need to figure out how I can customize the content of the sidebar so that each page’s sidebar con have a different type of content. The addition of the “Custom posts” widget inside the Page Sidebar widget hasn’t produced and visible change in this respect and I am starting ti suspect that this is not what will help me get what I want to accomplish.

If you still need to get access to our website please let me know.
    Best regards
    Antonio

Veena

You can add the required custom widgets in page sidebar and you can hide/unhide the sidebar contents in specific pages by targeting page id using custom CSS

Antonio Scotti
    Participant

Thanks, but would you have an example of css coding to show me on how to do this, since I am not very familiar with using CSS? For example I have a page called “Permaculture” and I want to have a specific content inside the sidebar.

Are you saying that I should write custom css code for each of the pages specifying how I want the sidebar to appear? ut then where do I actually specify the content of the sidebar????
    I think that it would be much easier if there would be a panel (so to speak) inside each page editing, which specifies what the content of that sidebar should be, if any, in a similar fashion to the page editor itself.

Also when I include the custom widget (I assume that the custom widget that I would use is “custom posts” but I am not sure if this is the right one) where can I actually do the hiding/unhiding?
    Regards

Veena

Can you pls share the link to the page. Also add the required widgets to your page sidebar, ll explain how to add custom CSS.
    Also share a temp login to your site as a private reply. The previously shared temp login doesn’t have admin rights.

Antonio Scotti
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

In this page – http://www.permacultureforrefugees.org/guidelines-for-permaculturists/
    if you want to hide the search bar then you can add the below custom CSS in themeoptions.
    Here 76 is the page id and search-3 is the search bar id.

.page-id-76 #search-3 {
        display: none;
    }

In this way you can manage to display the sidebars in required pages.

You can use chrome developer tools – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4q86IjJFag

Antonio Scotti
    Participant

Hi, thanks

but how do I include content into the sidebar itself ….can’t see any place where to do this. So on one hand I may want to display certain widgets and not others within the sidebar, and this can be done through what you just showed me, but then the content of the sidebar of each page may be different as well even if they show the same widget.

Best regards

Veena

You can put all the required widget in the page sidebar and hide/unhide the specific widgets through custom CSS.
    To unhide you can use

display: block;

Antonio Scotti
    Participant

Hello Veena
    I feel I didn’t make myself understood.
    I do understand how to hide/unhide a widget. My question was this: Imagine I have a sidebar in each page. And I have a text widget and an image widget. in Page A I want to show text “abcdr” and in page B I want to show text “gftsd” Where do I write this text? I mean if I need to write a different piece of text in the sidebar of each different page, should I add as many text widgets as pages, and then only keep visible in each page the corresponding text widget? Is this the correct way to go?
    Thanks

Veena

Yes, you are right.
    You can add mulitiple text widgets.
    If you want to hide text4 and display text 5 in a page that have id-76 then you have to add the custom CSS like below.

.page-id-76 #text-4 {
        display: none;
    }
    .page-id-76 #text-5 {
        display: block;
    }

Antonio Scotti
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying!
    Antonio

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Editing individual sidebars contents’ is closed to new replies.