Editing in home page disturbs its look n feel. how rectify it

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Squash Theme Support Editing in home page disturbs its look n feel. how rectify it

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    solequantum

Editing in home page disturbs its look n feel. how rectify it

see my homepage at

http://s474091609.onlinehome.us/gridweb/

livemesh
    Keymaster

I checked your page and looks the original styling information is missing at many places. The classes you specify for page elements will help render the webpage right by invoking the styling defined in style.css file. Pls check. Once you restore these, you should be fine. Thanks

solequantum

but i did nothing. i just imoprted sample data. and started editing home page.. thats it? what could be wrong then?

livemesh
    Keymaster

I am seeing that whole lot of classes from top to bottom have been stripped off from the original code. It’s really weird and hard for me to tell why this would happen. Never experienced or heard of it before. Do you have any plugin loaded?

Hope other pages are not having this problem. May be you can just open the sample-data.xml file, search for the home page content and repaste the contents into the editor. After the same, if you still have issues, to be on the safer side, I would reinstall the wordpress instead of continuing. Again, this is really weird and I see no one talking about it online too.

Ok, before you go too far, if you email me the login to your site, I can take a look. That will enable me to compare the actual code you have in the editor to the original one and see if it’s some plugin is coming in between and modifying the content before rendering the page. Pls send me the same through my ThemeForest profile page. Thanks

solequantum

It would be great help. thanks a lot. just sent u the credential via ur themeforest profile. waiting for ur response.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Looks like the visual editor is the culprit. Since you are editing in visual editor mode, the editor is messing up the styling information in the code. See the below for an example of how the top slider that runs inside the iMac is getting messed up due to a div element being pushed to the top.

http://d.pr/i/dKsh

The slider on the top is running fine now that I corrected it.

Try to use the html editor for some of the pages with complex layouts and visual editor should serve you best when editing pages or blog posts with mostly textual content. Hope this helps.

solequantum

humm ur assumption seems right.. i also could not sense any obvious problem. i changed one word and it did not create any problem. I am moving further. Will let you know if stuck anywhere.

Thanks for your immediate help. 🙂

livemesh
    Keymaster

You are welcome. Let me know if you face further issues.

If you need to use visual editor for certain parts of the page, you can perhaps have a separate page with those elements and later transfer the HTML content to the main page. I know it’s a little inconvenient, but I do not see a way out in certain circumstances where the HTML content needs to be precise to make things work (as in sliders).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Squash Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.