Customizing post block

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Verónica Bellina
    Participant

Good afternoon,

I’ve purchased your plugin because I need to add a post’s category filter and your solutions seems to fit our requirements quite well.
    After adding the widget and configure all the options, there are some things I can’t configure, and I will be very grateful if you can help me.
    The final design I’m trying to achieve is the one you can see in the attachment.
    First of all, I’d like to translate the word “all” from the filter to spanish. Is it possible?
    I’d also like to change the style of the selected category (bold and black color, also the underline). Is it possible?
    I’m using a width template (not a boxed one) and I’d like the posts to cover more space. Can it be done? Images bigger?
    Is there a way to include the day in the metadata date and not only the month and year?
    I suppose I can change the button sytle with css. Am I right?
    Is there a way to add any other widget like social share on every post?
    And the finally question… is there a way to hide the icon that appears when posts are being loading after selecting a category?

Another posibility is to use an elementor template I’ve created for posts, but I need the category filter.

Hope you can help me. Thanks a lot in advance.

Veena

1.In the plugins folder you can find a folder named “languages” in that you can find translatable po files.

You can use a translation file (using POEdit to change the data in languages directory) to change to any string you like. If you do an update in the en_US.po (or another depending on your site language) file, you should see all the translatable strings in the strings list . You would then be able to input any alternate string of your choice there.

Here you can download poedit – https://poedit.net/

2.Pls have the below custom CSS in themeoptions > custom CSS .

.lae-block .lae-block-filter .lae-block-filter-item a:hover, .lae-block .lae-block-filter .lae-block-filter-item.lae-active a {
        color: #000;
        font-weight: bold;
        text-decoration: underline;
        font: underline;
    }

4.Is there a way to include the day in the metadata date and not only the month and year?
    For this you need to modify the plugin file.
    5.I suppose I can change the button sytle with css. Am I right?
    Yes.
    6. You can use a social share plugin.
    7.Pls go through this post –
    https://support.livemeshthemes.com/forums/topic/loading-icon-2/

Verónica Bellina
    Participant

Thanks so much Veena for your help. I can fix some things (the css you’ve provided me doesn’t work, but after some research I can configure it the way I need) but I’ve fixed the translation of the strings, the loading icon and also the button style.

Regarding the modification of the plugin file in order to show the completely date, can you please give me any idea about the file and function I need to modify. I’ve never done it before I don’t know where to start. Thanks.

Another question that you maybe forgot to answer (because they were a lot ^_^) was the possibility to make the images bigger. Is there a way to show the posts bigger? (images and also the right column with the title and the summary?) and to include the social share icons after the excerpt of the posts?

Thanks so much again for your help.

Raghavendra

We can suggest a CSS solution for making image bigger (the original image dimensions should be sufficient). Can you pls provide the specific page link so that we can suggest the required CSS for the image to be made bigger?

Verónica Bellina
    Participant

Yes, of course Raghavendra, here you have!

https://tallersilvestre.com?bypass=wipsite

There, you have to select the “Journal” menu item, and go to the bottom of the page where I’m using your element. Please, let me know if you can see it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Verónica Bellina
    Participant

Hi Raghavendra, have you got any news about the CSS code that could help me? Thanks a lot!

Raghavendra

Looks like I missed your post somehow – sorry about that. Here is the CSS which might meet your need. Pls ensure you delete the existing CSS –

@media (min-width: 960px) {
    .lae-module-7 .lae-module-thumb {
        width: 700px;
    }
    .lae-module-7 .lae-entry-details {
        margin-left: 730px;
        min-height: 600px;
    }
    }

You will need to delete this –

.lae-module-7 .lae-module-thumb {
                    width: 780px
                }

.lae-module-7 {
                    padding-bottom: 650px;
                    height: 520px
                }

You can also try a few other styles we have in the posts block module which come with bigger images. Pls let us know if we can be of further help. Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Elementor Addons Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.