Customize Portfolio

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brotskybee

I really do love this theme and am having a blast customizing it. However, I havea couple of things I’d like to be doing to the portfolio area and I’m not having a lot of luck figuring out which files to create child-theme versions of to make it happen.

1. Instead of clicking on a portfolio item and going to a separate page, I’d like for that single page content to appear in a modal pop-up I know I could click on the (+) to get all the portfolio images in a lightbox popup, but that’s not really what I’m looking for at all.

2. I would like to be able to add some icons to the bottom right corner of the hover box (things like which technologies were used for the project – jquery, wordpress, php, Illustrator, etc.) on each portfolio item. What would be the easiest way to do this? Should I use ACF to add fields to the custom post type? And if so, what file would I duplicate and modify in order to make those appear in the hover box?

I think if I just knew which files to make these changes to I’d be off and running. I’m just having trouble figuring that part out.

Veena
    brotskybee

I’m really not interested in yet another plugin. I’d just like to know which files I should be making the desired changes to.

Raghavendra

1. Instead of clicking on a portfolio item and going to a separate page, I’d like for that single page content to appear in a modal pop-up.

You will need to make changes around line number 132 of framework/functions/thumbnail-functions.php file to add some type of markup which links to the actual portfolio page. You already have a variable there named $post_link which does have link to the portfolio page. You can check the link

http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/projects/prettyphoto-jquery-lightbox-clone/#prettyPhoto

to know how you can achieve this with a framework like PrettyPhoto which is already bundled with the theme.

2) I would like to be able to add some icons to the bottom right corner of the hover box (things like which technologies were used for the project – jquery, wordpress, php, Illustrator, etc.) on each portfolio item.

To add buttons, you will need to modify the same file line number 132. You are right- you can use ACF to enter the values and then grab them in the code at this place and then display the same.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.