Custom Header Background Image Position

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Austin Theme Support Custom Header Background Image Position

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    typografx

Hello,

Been working with your theme for a couple days now, I love it so far! Nice work.

Question: I’m trying to use an image background for a page header, and while I’ve successfully done so, it doesn’t seem to respond to my settings to adjust it’s position…

When I inspect the code from the front end, it seems it’s inheriting X,Y element coordinates of 0, and thus not adopting the css.

Here’s how I have the header image set up in the back end of WP:

http://screencast.com/t/2ZCVCF1v

And here’s the unwanted inherit element style on the front end:

http://screencast.com/t/An4TQy2iqjLa

You’ll see my desired position beneath it is being trumped…

Please advise and thanks in advance!

Tony C.

Ernesto

Hi! Could you please send us a link or temp user to your webpage so we can provide you with the exact code you need?

Cheers!!

typografx
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ernesto

Hi!! I see that the background image is now taking the specifications you’ve set up in the back end. Did you manage to fix the issue??

Cheers!

Raghavendra

This is due to the parallax scrolling that utilizes the background-position attribute to move the image as the user scrolls the page. You can either crop the image in such a manner to make the parallax scrolling display the image at the right position (again the background-position options do not work in this case due to parallax) or use Custom CSS to disable parallax movement this way for this page –

.page-id-6762 #title-area {
    background-position: center bottom !important;
    }

typografx

Thank you that helps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Header Background Image Position’ is closed to new replies.