Custom Css issues

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rob Martin
    Participant

I am using the invent child theme. If I modify the custom css on the child I don’t see any changes. If I modify the custom css in the parent theme it does appear. Is that the way it is should work? I would think that changes to custom.css on the child would override custom.css on the parent theme.

Veena

Yes the custom CSS in child theme should work.. Not sure what is wrong there.
    Can you pls share a temp login (admin rights) to your site as a private msg, ll take a look.

Rob Martin
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rob Martin
    Participant
    Veena
    Rob Martin
    Participant
    Rob Martin
    Participant
    Veena

We ll check this and get back to you shortly..

Raghavendra

I am sorry about the confusion. The way the theme is built is that it ignores the custom.css file in the child theme. In fact, I would urge you to ignore custom.css file and put the site specific CSS into child theme style.css since that is the standard recommended practice.

The custom.css is a little inconvenient way to do this since its contents can get erased on updating the theme. We planned to remove the custom.css from the theme but kept the same for backward compatibility reasons since there may be some who have some CSS entered in custom.css file of the parent theme.

Pls move the custom.css file contents to the style.css of the child theme and you should do fine. Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.