Create a page to look like the blog page using show_post_snippets

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Create a page to look like the blog page using show_post_snippets

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    russharmer

I have created a page using the show_post_snippets shortcode. I want to make it look like the blog page with the heading on top of the photo, and the read more button underneath the excerpt text. How can I achieve this?

I am not a programmer and relatively new to WordPress.

Thanks

Veena
    This reply has been marked as private.
    russharmer

That’s great, worked a treat. Thank you very much.

Regarding the headline, my mistake I meant the post title. Using shortcode display_title “true” shows the post title below the post image. Do you have the shortcode to display the title above the image and larger point size like on the blog page.

I want to have the main blog page with all the posts and then some individual pages that are category specific but copy the template of the blog. If there is a better way to do this I would welcome suggestions.

I have also used shortcode show_meta “true” but it does not show author, only date and comments?

Any help is much appreciated.

Veena

You can create a new blog template and specify the category id’s that you need to display by changing the query .

for eg if you only need category 1 and 3 then you can modify the query as below –

$query = array('cat' => '1,3', 'posts_per_page' => intval(get_option('posts_per_page')), 'ignore_sticky_posts' => 0, 'paged' => $paged);

Copy the existing blog template code to your new template page and just modify the query..

russharmer

Perfect. Job done.

Thank you for all your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Create a page to look like the blog page using show_post_snippets’ is closed to new replies.