April 27, 2016 at 3:08 pm #21042
Im new to the theme and Learndash. I have to beginner questions
1. I’m trying to understand the relationship between learndash courses and courses. Its a little confusing to have them in two location. I like the functionality in Learndash in general but layout in courses.
2. My learners are not signing up for a course. I’m not selling them at this time. They are provided an LDAP log in and are automatically registered for a series of courses.
First time log in – they would set up a profile.
Questions: how to I access a COURSE so I can see the lessons?
Is what Im asking even possible?
I’m creating a POC for my company
Thanks in advance
ClaireApril 27, 2016 at 5:24 pm #21052
Thanks but that wasn’t really my question. I’m trying to understand the relations between the two locations.
Why 2?April 28, 2016 at 1:05 pm #21097
1. The courses of the theme were designed to capture those that a typical college/school/university would offer as part of their curriculum. They are not intended for sale online and you cannot complete the same by logging into a computer and answering a quiz of some sort or completing a few lessons online. You need to attend classes physically those classes and they are handled by staff part of a department.
2. LearnDash courses are those provided LearnDash plugin and typically do not have the characteristics required to capture a course taught at a school/college by a professor. They are more geared for sale online without an instructor behind and typically have online quizzes, lessons, topics, certificates etc. to help complete the same online. Since they serve two different purposes (though there may be few common elements), we were forced to go for two types of courses. That helps to keep things simpler for the developer and hopefully for the webmaster too, depending on the target audience.April 28, 2016 at 1:07 pm #21098
Regarding the second query on profile and courses to see on login – can you pls check with LearnDash support? They are provide far more details on the same than us. Thanks.April 28, 2016 at 1:58 pm #21106
Thank you Meteorite!
That makes a lot of sense. I will use your page as a promotional area… Do you happen to offer a theme that is strictly for eLearning?April 29, 2016 at 1:03 pm #21160
Glad that helped. We do not have a theme at present dedicated to eLearning.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.