Couple Quick Questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    UTS

Hey Guys,

Great theme! It’s a little more complex than I’ve used before (as I’m not well versed in CSS), so although I feel pretty good about my site so far, I do have some (possibly silly) questions:

1. I’ve somehow messed up the code for the “Featured In” page section (this will be a “Partners” section in my site). Is there a way to get the code for just that section to update? My logos and info are just not formatting well at all.

2. We’re using the Team Profiles as displays for affiliate companies and I need to have the “Follow __ on” taken off when each profile is hovered on. I’d like to be able to simply hover on the profile and have it link directly to the company site instead of the social media. I think I’m almost there, but have gotten confused at this point.

3. Probably my most concerning issue is that when I click on my site logo, it’s now directing to the blog page instead of the landing/home page. It’s been working perfectly until this morning… just not certain of what I may have hit to make it work wrong now.

I’m on a time crunch to get this site up and running, and felt fine until I ran into these issues today. I would really appreciate any help – thanks so much!

UTS
    This reply has been marked as private.
    UTS

You know, while I’m at it:
    I have 3 blog sections off the menu bar, but am not sure how to have them filter the blog categories to show on each respective page.
    For example, I have a Cyndy’s Blog category (and past blog posts that are under that filter), and I’ve created a Cyndy’s blog page… how would I filter only Cyndy’s blog category posts to the Cyndy’s blog page?

That’s the last question… promise!

Raghavendra

You can filter the blog posts using show_post_snippets shortcode. Pls have a look at the latest version of the documentation for explanation. You will need to use taxonomy and terms parameters to filter the posts.

Raghavendra

1) I have added a page section named Featured In for you where you can find the code for the same.
    2) The logo link seems to be working fine now. Probably you were able to resolve this yourself.
    3) For category pages, you can also link directly to category pages that are generated automatically by WordPress if you do not want to use show_post_snippets shortcode.
    4) To get rid of team member hover, you can use the custom CSS in theme options –

.team-member .team-member-hover { display: none; }

Hope this helps.

UTS

Thanks for the help!

In regards to the blogs, I have read through theme documentation and do not see an explanation for my issue. Could you link it to me here or give instructions?

Where would I put the show_post_snippets short code – on each blog page? Would that then filter then automatically? I am not well versed enough to know how work taxonomy and terms parameters to filter posts… I was under the idea that the categories would filter.

UTS

Things are getting resolved easily now. Thank you guys for the help.

Can you tell me how to modify the “Get App” button’s coloring? I’ve made it into a “Sign Up Now” button, but we’d like to change the color.

Would I be changing something in here:
    }
    $button_url = mo_get_theme_option(‘mo_get_app_button_url’, ‘#’);
    $button_text = mo_get_theme_option(‘mo_get_app_button_text’, __(‘Get this App’, ‘mo_theme’));
    echo ‘<i class=”img-iphone”></i><span>’ . $button_text . ‘</span>‘;

}

Raghavendra

You can use custom CSS in theme options to change the button color –

.button.get-app {
    background: #F00;
    border-color: #00F;
    color: #FFF !important;
    }

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.