Controlling Pricing Permanlinks

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Controlling Pricing Permanlinks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi LiveMesh,

I’ve just implemented a page called “Pricing” on my web site using the Agile theme and the pricing shortcode.

I’d like it to use the permanlink http://www.stitch.net/pricing.

However when I set this to be the permalink, when I call up the page it doesn’t show the page I’ve edited, but a page which lists all the pricing plans as though they are blog articles.

I presume your custom post type is overriding the /pricing permalink somehow.

I’ve temporarily used an alternative permanlink (/pricing-plans) but would like to be able to fix this … can you help me?

thanks,
    Andrew.

Ernesto

Hi! Could you send us a temp user to your webpge so we can inspect how the issue is being produced?

Cheers!

Hi Ernesto,

Thanks for the response. You don’t actually need to be logged in to see the issue, you can see it if you go to:

http://www.stitch.net/pricing

The actual page is

http://www.stitch.net/pricing-plans

Ernesto

Hi! Thanks, I want to check how the page is producing the different pages. If you identify the page related to the URL link .com/pricing you can simply change that URL (or delete the page, as you wish) and afterwards set the other page to your desired URL link.

CHeers!

Hi Ernesto,

But that’s the problem: there is NO page that relates to the link stitch.net/pricing. It seems that WordPress is treating the permalink “pricing” as special based on the custom post type, and is showing each Pricing plan as though it’s a blog post.

It looks similar to when you access the blog through a category, e.g. stitch.net/category/dating. The URL in that case pulls together all posts related to the “dating” category. In this case it looks as though it’s pulling together all the custom posts related to the “pricing” topic.

Does that make sense? If not would I be able to show you what I mean via a screen share / Skype call? It looks to me that it’s the way the custom pricing post types work, but I can’t figure it out.

Thanks,
    Andrew.

Ernesto

Hi! Please send us a screen of what you wish to accomplish and we’ll provide you with the exact code you need. From what I’m getting, you should try to reorder the pages and post regarding the pricing. If I can a page named /pricing it means the page is being generated somehow.

Please, if you can’t send a screenshot, send us a temp user to your website so we can inspect how the code is being generated.

Cheers!

This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

To resolve this issue, pls make a small code change in the file framework/presentation/custom-post-types.php at line number 100 in the function mo_register_pricing_post_type(). Pls change the value of rewrite argument to false like this (the current value is true) –

register_post_type('pricing', array(
                'labels' => $labels,
                'public' => false,
                'publicly_queryable' => true,
                'show_ui' => true,
                'exclude_from_search' => true,
                'query_var' => true,
                'rewrite' => false,
                'capability_type' => 'post',
                'has_archive' => true,
                'hierarchical' => false,
                'menu_position' => 10,
                'menu_icon' => MO_THEME_URL . '/images/admin/price-tag.png',
                'supports' => array('title', 'editor', 'page-attributes')
            ));

This was a mistake and will be fixed in the upcoming update so that you do not have to repeat this code change. Also, once you make this change, pls make sure you visit Settings->Permalink page in WP Admin. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Controlling Pricing Permanlinks’ is closed to new replies.