Contact Form Translation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Hi LiveMesh, I would like to alter the language on the contacts form (into Portuguese) Name, email, comment, etc, Can you please advise where I can do this? Thanks a lot Filipe.

livemesh
    Keymaster

I apologize for the delay in replying. The issue you are having is due to we failing to use WordPress translation function inside our custom shortcode. I have already made changes to take care of this in my update scheduled for this week. The update is presently being tested.

For now, if you are comfortable, can you make some HTML code changes to the file contact-shortcodes.php in <wordpress install directory>\wp-content\themes\enticing\framework\shortcodes\ directory to take care of this? The bottom portion of this file contains the HTML code for contact form. Pls replace the English language strings like Name, Email, Comment with the corresponding strings in the language of your choice.

<p>
    <label>Name *</label>
    <input type="text" name="contact_name" class="text-input" />
    </p>
    <p>
    <label>Email *</label>
    <input name="contact_email" class="text-input" type="email"/>
    </p>
    <p>
    <label>Web URL </label>
    <input type="url" name="contact_url" class="text-input"/>
    </p>
    <p>
    <label>Comment *</label>
    <textarea name="message" rows="8" cols="40"></textarea>
    </p>

Hope this works for now. Pls let us know if you face further translation issues. Thanks for helping us uncover this defect.

FilipeCG

Hi LiveMesh,

Thanks for your reply, I’ve managed to follow your instructions with ease.

Thank you so much, Regarding more translations I just asked another issue through themeforest, Concerning the “All” in the categories when you set up the Portfolio

Hi – that works fine whit the labels – but where can I translate this “Your message has been sent. Thanks!” – it shows up, when a message has been sent 🙁

You can see the site at http://www.business-supporting.dk

livemesh
    Keymaster

Any translation issues reported with PHP was fixed in the last update. At present, translation for Javascript code is not implemented yet (only the contact form has couple of strings there). Can you pls take a look at {enticing theme folder}/js/main.js and look for the string and change accordingly? Will take care of this in the next update.

contact_name:{
                    required:"Please provide your name",
                    minlength:"Your name must consist of at least 5 characters"
                },
                contact_email:"Please provide a valid email address",
                contact_url:"Please provide a valid URL",
                contact_phone:{
                    minlength:"Minimum 5 characters required"
                },
                human_check:"The input the correct value for the equation above",
                    required:"Please input the message",
                    minlength:"Your message must be at least 15 characters long"
                }
            },
            errorClass:'form-error',
            submitHandler:function (theForm) {
                $.post(
                    theForm.action,
                    $(theForm).serialize(),
                    function (response) {
                        $("#feedback").html("<strong>Your message has been sent. Thanks!</strong>");
                    });

}

BTW, the contact form in the latest update has been enhanced with new fields and validation checks. Pls have a look if you have not done so already.

livemesh
    Keymaster

An update is coming this week which has the fix for translation in place. Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Enticing Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.