Contact Form Not Submitting. (Internal Server Error)

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support Contact Form Not Submitting. (Internal Server Error)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SilDemmer

After filling out the contact form on my site.

I hit “Send” and nothing happens.
    I see this error in my browser’s development tools:
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error). /wp-content/themes/appdev/framework/scripts/sendmail.php
    Not sure what the issue is or where to start with debugging. Any help would be much appreciated.

Veena

Could you pls check whether the settings of WP-Mail-SMTP plugin is properly configured or not?

SilDemmer

Yeah, I sent myself a test email with the SMTP plugin and it works fine.
    The contact form still doesn’t work though.

Veena

You need to change file permission.
    Pls refer the below link and try solution no:3

http://www.steptoinstall.com/wamp-500-internal-server-error-htaccess-php-codeigniter.html

SilDemmer
    This reply has been marked as private.
    SilDemmer
    Veena

Pls give FTP access information as a private message here.

SilDemmer
    SilDemmer

Any word on this? I still haven’t figured out a fix. 🙁

Raghavendra
    Raghavendra

Can you pls check once with your hosting support to see if they can help debug this 404 error. I have not encountered this before.

SilDemmer
    SilDemmer

Actually, I decided to try using Contact Form 7 as a last resort, and that works!
    However, it looks kinda crappy.

Is there a way I can use the style of the App Dev contact form, with the Contact Form 7 plug in?

Raghavendra

I still think we should solve this 500 error problem since you are going to face problem with not just theme but also plugins like revolution slider. We can look into Contact Form 7 and try to style it a bit but it is probably very important to resolve this issue of 500 error on the server since you never know which plugin will break due to this.

Raghavendra

To get rid of the warning above coming from smtp plugin that has been loaded on your site, pls change the file wp-config.php in the wordpress root directory and set the WP_DEBUG to false. I had set it to true to debug the issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Contact Form Not Submitting. (Internal Server Error)’ is closed to new replies.