Child Theme Install

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    IT EXPERIENCE
    Participant

Hello, I’d like to know if It is possible to install the child theme even after completing the site with the theme “father.” I am inquiring about that because I have made customizations to the “php” files and “css” file and I do not want to lose them with the next updates. in case, would you be so kind to give me few suggestion on how to do it?

Raghavendra

It is safe to have the child theme activated without losing any of the changes to the parent theme. You can use the style.css file of the child theme to make css changes and also override the functions in the child theme functions.php file. Requires little bit of learning initially but worth it. Little bit of reading online about child themes in WordPress will help. Thanks

IT EXPERIENCE
    Participant

Ok so Can I install the theme child even after completing the site developing it in the theme father? The changes should be saved after the upgrade given that child theme just goes to find the style.css file in the theme of the father.

Ernesto

Hi! You can install the Theme Child without any risks. I’d recommend that you have a safe copy of your own changes in a different folder, as a general safety measure.

Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Child Theme Install’ is closed to new replies.