Child Theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kzawacki

Hi, I recently uploaded the theme and the data, but I think I erased too much content from the theme.

1.) Is there an easy way to restore the theme? Or do I need to delete the theme and start all over again.

2.) I couldn’t find any support or information about using the child theme. I am new to WordPress, so am wondering what your suggestions are for using the Invent child theme that was included. From what I understand, the child theme is also helpful if you want to update the main theme later?

Thank you,
    K. Zawacki

Veena

1. You can import sample data again and see if that helps .
    Have you made any changes in themefiles? if yes then you need to delete theme and install again.
    If you want to reset everything including database then you can use this plugin –
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-database-reset/

2. You will get all the information here –
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Child theme is included in the theme download folder, you can install the same and activate.

kzawacki

Thank you for the information about reloaded and resetting the theme.

When would you suggest using the child theme instead of the main theme? Or when would you suggest just using the main theme and not the child theme? I am trying to figure out what the best option is.

The advantage of using a child theme is that I can update the main theme in the future, with out effecting the changes that I made to the child theme correct?

Veena

If you want to modify theme then pls install child theme and make changes in the child theme .

The advantage of using a child theme is that I can update the main theme in the future, with out effecting the changes that I made to the child theme correct?
    Yes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.