Changing trainer labels on Single trainer page

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums FitPro Theme Support Changing trainer labels on Single trainer page

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rubyvandort

Hi!

So my last question:) (i think) I would like to change 2 labels on the single trainer pages. Right now it says: 1Specializations & 2Certifications and i would like it to say: 1Credentials & 2Personal info

I do sometimes change some codes in php so am not afraid to do that if needed. I already have a childtheme so should be pretty easy, but i could not figure out which lines to change and in which file precisely.

Could you help me out so i can change the 2 labels?:)

cheers!

Veena
    This reply has been marked as private.
    rubyvandort

Hi!

Thanks for the quick response! So i went in to ftp and as you already thought the files were not in the language folder. So i added the files you gave me, but in those po/mo files the strings “specialiazations” and “Certifications” are not included. They are no where to be found 🙁
    I used cmd f to find them and after that i manually searched through the files, but nothing there.

Could it be that the files are for another theme maybe? I use fitpro (just to be sure)

Cheers!

Veena
    rubyvandort

Hi!

No problem haha it happens.
    So i used your files, and this time indeed found Specialization/Certifications, i changed them both and saved them. But when i look on the website nothing is changed, should i change anything else to make it work?

Cheers,

Veena

Hit update and save .
    I have tried in my local installation and i am able to change strings .
    Or
    You can change it in the actual file single-trainer.php .

rubyvandort

Hi!:)

Yeah i did update/save it, but nothing changed. When i tried to change it in single-trainer.php in the past, the whole page would stop working. Even though i am 100% sure that i did not mess up the file the only thing i changed was the word Specializations for example, save it and then the page would not work. If i changed it back, same thing. Only if i uploaded a completely original file right out of the theme package on my computer, then the page would work again for single trainers.

Any idea’s?

ps. sorry for the late reply everytime, but your messages get in my spam folder of my e-mail browser or they don’t arrive at all sometimes, so everytime i need to check online if you replied or not.

Cheers,

rubyvandort

I am using a child theme, does that matter? I have both tried changing the file in the main theme or in the child theme and same result, not working:(

Veena
    rubyvandort

Hi!

Thanks for the quick reply, however it is still not working.
    What i did:
    I added your language files in my child theme, and checked if there were any changes, nothing changed. I could refresh the page but everything stayed the same.
    So i tried it with the single-trainer.php.
    Then i copied the file single-trainer.php and added it in my child theme, then for example changed the line After h5 class=”subheading”> So the line below:

echo ‘<h5 class=”subheading”>’ . __(‘Specializations:’, ‘mo_theme’) . ‘</h5>’;

I changed to:
    echo ‘<h5 class=”subheading”>’ . __(‘Credentials:’, ‘mo_theme’) . ‘</h5>’;

Then i uploaded and saved the file, and when i refreshed the page, the page turns blank and says”Can’t open this page”. The moment i delete the single-trainer.php file in my child theme then it works again.

So i have no idea what i am doing wrong:(

Veena

Pls share the ftp Credentials as a private msg .

rubyvandort
    Veena

I have added single-trainer.php file in fitpro-child theme and done the string modifications .
    Pls check.

rubyvandort

Hiii!

SO SORRY for the late reply, i have been in and out planes for days. I just checked and it worked perfectly thank you so much for your help.

GREAT support:)

Have a nice day/evening!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing trainer labels on Single trainer page’ is closed to new replies.