Cannot read font / Events on home page

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support Cannot read font / Events on home page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    paitchadze

I have 1 issue. I started to change text in theme and in one this slider part, it won’t display font. Font is Georgian, text are being written in georgian and it is displayed as Georgian, but but list headers wont show it in Georgian. I have attached screenshot of this issue.

And also, I’d like to have upcoming events on home page. How can I make that happen? I couldn’t find any widget and it isn’t also in page edit.

Best regards.

Veena

Could you pls share a link to your site?

paitchadze
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

Currently the heading and the header list is displaying font family as font-family: “Lato”, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;

If you want to display it as Georgia , pls include the below custom CSS in themeoptions –

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
    font-family: Georgia, Times, serif;
    }
    ul.tab-list li a, ul.member-list li a {
    font-family: Georgia, Times, serif;
    }

paitchadze

I did it but no effect. It displays in the same way.

Veena

The custom CSS is affected, Now it is displaying in georgia.
    You can check this in developer tools.

paitchadze

I just checked and it isn’t affected. Here is screenshot

Raghavendra

Can you pls share a temp login to your site? Looks like the characters themselves are not Georgian.

For upcoming events widget, you will have to purchase the Pro version of the Events Calendar plugin.

Raghavendra

Sorry I was mistaken about the upcoming events widget – it is available with the free version of The Events Calendar plugin. Pls look for an widget named Events List in widget area. And then you can use the following plugin –

https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-shortcode/

to output the widget contents anywhere on the home page.

paitchadze
    This reply has been marked as private.
    paitchadze

1) I removed search bar in events and after that Event description in “List” looks really narrow. Here is the link: http://innovations.ge/events/list/
    I want it to be much wider, as it used to be with search bar. Is there any css code for that or how to fix it?

2) Can you give me the link to events plugin? I couldn’t find it in google.

Best regards

paitchadze

3) Is there any way to modify the look of events list? Description and picture at the same time occupy big space. Can it be Narrow in height and each event in fullwidth? It will be easier for visitors to understand what’s happening.

Veena

Pls include the below custom CSS in theme options –

.events-list .tribe-events-loop .type-tribe_events, .tribe-events-list .tribe-events-loop .type-tribe_events, .tribe-events-day .tribe-events-loop .type-tribe_events, .single-tribe_venue .tribe-events-loop .type-tribe_events, .single-tribe_organizer .tribe-events-loop .type-tribe_events {
    padding: 0;
    width: 100%;
    }

Veena

And link to events plugin is – https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/

paitchadze

FONT – I was thinking, maybe that issue with title font will be fixed if we upload custom font?

EVENTS – after pasting events custom css code, it still looks awkward. How can we make it look as following:
    https://ps.w.org/the-events-calendar/assets/screenshot-2.png?rev=1018583
    This image I found in event plugin.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot read font / Events on home page’ is closed to new replies.