Can we prioritize what comes first when we search in the website

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support Can we prioritize what comes first when we search in the website

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi

I would like to prioritize the type of posts that show up when a user searches something on the website. Is there any way to do the same in the theme? Also, is it possible to limit the size of the search results to maybe around 50 characters?

Veena

Can you pls try plugins which is mentioned here ? – https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/improving-wordpress-search/

I did try the Search & Filter Pro, but I got two issues:

1) The search page title reads “Blog”. Could you please let me know how to change this?

2) The breadcrumbs aren’t working as expected.

Please help me with this. It is really frustrating. Below is the URL:

http://www.umdsmartgrowth.org/?sfid=14924&_sf_s=gerrit

Raghavendra

Looks like at present, we have selected a page under Settings->Reading -> Posts Page. Can you pls deselect it (choose -Select- option) and leave it blank and see if that resolves the issue? You should then see the heading as ‘Browsing search results for …. ‘.

No option is being selected in the page as of now (still the “Blog” text shows up). Could you please help me resolve this. Struggling with this issue.

Veena

Can you pls share a temp login to your site here as a private msg? we ll take a look.

This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Can you pls quickly check if deactivating all plugins (except those recommended by the theme) helps resolve the issue? I see that something is making your search page to be set as a blog page (verified by visiting the search page). It is possible that some plugin is making this happen. I was a little worried about disabling plugins on your site myself and would prefer you to handle it. Pls let us know if that does not help and I will take a closer look again.

How would I know what plugins are recommended or not recommended by the theme?

I did try disabling most of the plugins but the issue still appears

Can’t we forcefully override the name of the page in the code? If nothing works can you please recommend a good search plugin for this theme? I was able to find only this which returns accurate results. Also, you might notice that the breadcrumbs don’t display properly as well in the search page (if that helps cornering the issue)

I just deactivated all the plugins and tried the search form. The result is the same. Kinda stuck here.

Also, the visual editor isn’t working anymore. Do you have any idea why?

Could you please help me with this?

Raghavendra

The visual editor seems to be working fine for me when I login. Will get back to you on the search form on Monday. Sorry about the delay.

Could you please let me know if you tried anything?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.