Can Contact Form shortcode edit messages?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support Can Contact Form shortcode edit messages?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sq2d

Hello, does the Contact Form shortcode allow us to edit any of the notification/messages upon submission? I’m most interested in editing the success message text. Or do we need to edit the messages in the framework.php file directly?

I do have Contact 7 installed for additional forms on the site, but I like your Contact Form layout and style.

Thanks,
    Frank

livemesh
    Keymaster

Yes, it does look like at present, editing either the framework.php file or the main.js file at line number 341 are the only possibilities.

Which layout and style are you missing in Contact Form 7? If you are a bit specific, I can see if we can do something about it. Thanks.

sq2d

I meant that I like the form layout and style of your two-column Contact Form generated from your shortcode. Some of your responses to other forum posters suggested installing Contact Form 7 in order to generate forms that suited their purposes. Rather than attempt to recreate your form layout with Contact Form 7, I wanted to retain your Contact Form and look into a few tweaks to fit our needs.

Thanks,
    Frank

livemesh
    Keymaster

It is possible to create a decent enough layout with Contact Form 7 with a simple markup like this inserted into Contact Form 7 form builder. And I did not use much of the built options within CF7 to achieve this.

Your Name (required)
    [text* your-name]

Your Email (required)
    [email* your-email]

Your Favorite (required)
    [radio radio-479 "Dark" "Blue" "Pink"]

Your Phone (required)
    [tel tel-634]

Upload File (required)
    [file file-423]

Choose Something (required)
    [select menu-675 "third" "fourth" "Now"]

Subject
    [text your-subject]

Your Message
    [textarea your-message]

[submit "Send"]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.