Button Issue in Blog

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ten12design

I noticed this random icon on the button with in our blog any ideas? It show all Firefox, Safari and Chrome

Thank you

Raghavendra

I see that the icon-arrow-right-3 font icon is missing here. By any chance, were the icon font files changed for this server? I see from the CSS that the files are there but not sure about the actual font files. They are the same for all themes except Agile. Pls check. Thanks

ten12design
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ten12design
    ten12design
    Nexus

Sorry for the delayed reply. With too many support requests, we had our hands full. You can find the font files in the “extinct > css > icon-fonts” folder. Thanks for your patience!

ten12design
    Raghavendra

Can you please post me the FTP for this site. I will try refreshing the font files and see if I can get this corrected. Without accessing the files directly it is hard to address this issue. Thanks for your patience.

ten12design
    ten12design
    Raghavendra
    ten12design
    ten12design
    Nexus

I have taken care of this issue right now through custom css. But I see that you are using Font Awesome which is conflicting with the icon family that we have bundled i.e. icomoon. If you can please unload the font awesome, so that it doesn’t conflict with our icon fonts in future. Hope that helps. Thanks!

Raghavendra

The way I update is to replace all files. No matter what method you use (there are plugins too like this – http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/ to update easily), you will need to backup your changes and redo any changes you made to the files on the new installation.

Use tools like DiffMerge or WinMerge to compare the old and new files and redo the changes. You will spend probably an hour doing this but not more, specially if you have made changes only to a few select files. The settings data will stay and hence Custom CSS entered into theme options should be fine. It’s always a good idea to have a backup though. Hope this helps.

Best way to protect yourself from theme updates is to always make changes in the child theme. The theme is mostly child theme friendly and hence when you have time, you can probably go through the changes you have made to the core theme files and try to move them to child theme so that the core files are not affected and upgrades are smoother.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.