Button colours

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    T4m

Hi,

I’m trying to change the site skin colours for buttons etc, I’ve read both the forum posts on changing the orange buttons that you’ve linked a couple of others too previously. I’ve gone into the default file in css / skins and changed all colours there, I still need to change image colours in the skins / default folder. However buttons on the site are still the orange/red colour, is there some more css I need to change somewhere?

T4m
    This reply has been marked as private.
    T4m
    Veena

1.The spacing is because you have given custom css for title area as visibilty hidden pls change it to display none.

#title-area {
    display: none;
    }

2.Mobile menu – Pls add the following custom CSS in themeoptions –

#mobile-menu ul li a
    {
    color:#f0f8ff;
    }
    #mobile-menu {
    background:#96cebe;
    }

3.Overlapping – Custom CSS

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px)
    {
    #header > .inner > .wrap {
    padding-right: 50px;
    }}

T4m

Thanks for those, the first two bits of custom css have worked great thanks! The third one has partially fixed the issue, there is still an overlap of text when viewing on a mobile phone screen in the forum column headers.

Also I’m still having an issue with the side bars disappearing on the forum and forum topic pages and not being able to get them back? I’ve tried adjusting the sidebar options in settings, and installed a plugin which is supposed to add a sidebar to bbpress forums and that hasn’t worked either.

I haven’t quite resolved the button colour issue either, I worked out by changing ‘default’ to ‘teal’ in the contact form short code would change that specific button colour, but I want to change every single button to the #96cebe colour, as mentioned previously I read both forum posts on adjusting the orange buttons and I adjusted default in skins but that hasn’t done the buttons, so I’m not sure what else I need to adjust? I’d also quite like for my buttons to match the style of the ones used in the holidays website you give as an example using the Extinct theme, with the rounded corners.

Over the weekend I tried to upload a new font to use too, ‘Jolly-Medium’ it was a web font from myfonts, I followed the instructions that I think LiveMesh provided in another forum post about uploading the font files to a folder in the wordpress content folder then adjusted the css accordingly, then added that to custom css in the theme options, added the title in the font settings then pasted the second bit of css into the custom css option and saved and the font didn’t change. I question whether it’s something in the second bit of css that needs to be adjusted or added? I wasn’t sure about the weight for this font either.

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, #before-content-area h1, #before-content-area h2 , #sitemap-template h2, #archives-template h2, .archive h2, #portfolio-full-width .entry-title, #portfolio-template .entry-title, .post-snippets .hentry .entry-title, #retina-text h3 { font-weight: 300; }

#content .hentry .entry-meta, .entry-title, .entry-title a { font-family: ‘Jolly-Medium’; }

When viewing my site from chrome the font changes to something different entirely and doesn’t seem to recognise the standard theme font at all?

Thanks for your help

Raghavendra

Can you pls provide some screenshots of the one or more issues you are facing with a bulleted list of these issues? Will help us resolve them quickly. Thank you!

T4m
    T4m
    T4m
    T4m
    Veena

Button issues —

Pls add the following custom CSS in themeoptions –

button, .button, .button:active, .button:visited, input[type="button"], input[type="submit"], input[type="reset"]{
    border-radius: 4px;
    font-size: 1em;
    color: #fff;
    background-color: #96cebe;
    border-bottom: #96cebe 4px solid;
    margin: 0;
    }
    .button:hover, .button:active:hover, .button:visited:hover, input[type="button"]:hover, input[type="submit"]:hover, input[type="reset"]:hover {
    background-color: #afceca;
    }

T4m

Thanks for that piece of css for one of my issues, it’s almost what I was looking for, the button shape and colour is exactly right, the only thing that isn’t quite there is there is a thin pinky red line on and around the top three quarters of the button, and then when you hover over the button the pinky colour appears at the bottom of the button too?

Veena

Pls add the following custom CSS in themeoptions –

#bbpress-forums p.bbp-topic-meta img.avatar, #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-reply-revision-log img.avatar, #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-topic-revision-log img.avatar, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-template-notice img.avatar, #bbpress-forums .widget_display_topics img.avatar, #bbpress-forums .widget_display_replies img.avatar {
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    }

Font issue –

Pls remove the below custom CSS from Chid Theme – style.css

#content .entry-title, #content .entry-title a, .comment-author cite, .header-fancy {
    font-family: 'Weston' !important;
    }

The buddypress plugin is causing this overlapping and sidebar issues. We will try our level best to sort out.
    Kindly share temporary login credentials of your site as a private msg here.
    Thanks

T4m
    T4m

I have just noted another bbpress forum issue, the tick box at the bottom of each topic page where you have the option to ‘Notify me of follow-up replies via email’ in the theme is completely non responsive and over lapping the above topic option slightly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Button colours’ is closed to new replies.