Bunch of Questions

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Steve Fox
    Participant

I bought Fitpro a few years ago and everythiing was great. I have not made any real changes since I built my site. Now I am trying to make changes and many things have changed and wont work.

1) Visual Composer did not work so I updated it and had to pay 30 something dollars. Is this correct? It is not free now? or should I try to get a refund?
    2) I had to disable tempura or my entire site will not load. ???
    3) When I try to make a text box, no matter what padding, margins, background colors, ect will not do anything.
    4) I tried to add a youtube video to my rev slider and it cannot find the video. I followed the directions completely and nothing worked. I used the HTML Video which worked but I can not change the background colors or remove some of the padding so it is closer to the top of the page.
    5) Page sections will not work. I drag and drop them but then they never show up on my website.

I have more questions but I will post separately.

Thanks!

Veena

1. Plugin (visual composer, templatera, revolution slider)is bundled with them which have extended licence. We usually include updated version of plugins in our latest version theme’s.
    But if urgent you can send us an email via our ThemeForest profile page contact form – https://themeforest.net/user/livemesh#contact and we will send you a copy of the latest version of the plugin.
    The plugin is fully functional with extended licence.

You can try for a refund.

2. Both plugin visual composer and templatera should be active.

3. Can you pls try the same using custom CSS?

4. Pls check this documentation :
    https://www.themepunch.com/revsliderjquery-doc/backgrounds-image-video/#html5-video-background

Steve Fox
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

Yes pls share your site temp login here as a private reply. We ll help you out.

Steve Fox
    Participant
    Veena

This login credential is not working. Can you pls recheck?

Steve Fox
    Participant
    Veena

Kindly update theme to latest version currently you are using very old version. We have made some fixes for VC in latest version.

Steve Fox
    Participant

Where can I find and download the updated theme?

Veena

You can download the latest version theme from your themeforest account > downloads tab which will automatically gets you the latest version.

Steve Fox
    Participant

Let me get this straight… I back up my entire site, delete the fitpro theme, re-install the newest fitpro theme then somehow upload my website back up? I do not want to loose my website. Is there an instruction page you can send me to so I can follow each step?

Veena

You can follow the regular procedure if you haven’t done any modification in themefiles..ie. just delete the theme through wp-dashboard and upload latest theme zip file.
    OR
    Updating Theme –
    The way I update is to replace all files. No matter what method you use (there are plugins too like this – http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/ and http://www.wpexplorer.com/envato-wordpress-toolkit-guide/ to update easily), you will need to backup your changes and redo any changes you made to the files on the new installation.

Use tools like DiffMerge or WinMerge to compare the old and new files and redo the changes. You will spend probably an hour doing this but not more, specially if you have made changes only to a few select files.

The dashboard settings will be retained and hence Custom CSS entered into theme options should be fine. It’s always a good idea to have a backup though. Hope this helps.

Steve Fox
    Participant
    Veena

I don’t see any issue in your site.
    Everything seems good.
    Can you pls briefly explain what issue you are facing rightnow?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘FitPro Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.