Blog Sidebar / Favicon / Homepage slider

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Blog Sidebar / Favicon / Homepage slider

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alanajane

Hi livemesh,

I’m ironing out a few final issues before going live:

1. On all the blog posts, I’ve chosen the ‘Two columns – right sidebar’ option. However, the post is full-width when published. I’ve checked the code but can’t find the problem. Help?

2. Is there an option to upload my own favicon?

3. There seems to be a weird “ghost” image on the About page. If you scroll down beneath the services section (and before testimonials), there is a weird dark orange shape towards the middle of the page. I’ve looked through the code and can’t find a stray image. Am I missing something? How do I get rid of this?

4. I am having issues with the revolution slider. I set up the slider per documentation instructions. I first tried having 1140 x 450 images so as to fit the Revolution slider instructions. At that size, the images were stretched to fill the space, thereby cutting off the overlayed text. I then tried changing the grid setting to 1920 x 450 (the size of the demo homepage slider images). The slider now fits the screen but the height has been halved. It’s defaulting to 1212 x 284 pixels, according to Chrome developer tools. You can see it here. What do I need to do in order to have full width and height without the image stretching?

cheers.

Nexus

1. I just dropped a widget to the post sidebar area and the issue is fixed.

2. See this post to know how to add a favicon https://www.livemeshthemes.com/support/forums/topic/setting-the-favicon-for-the-site/

3. Have rectified the issue by adding the fancy heading shortcode. You can remove it if you don’t need it.

4. I don’t see any issue with he revolution slider. Maybe you have already solved he issues.

Alanajane

Thanks!

1. Oh, gosh, that was rather obvious. Apologies!

2. Got the plugin installed. Thanks very much.

3. Brilliant, cheers.

4. On my screen, the slider becomes really narrow when the screen reduces in size. I’ve attached a screenshot of the slider next to an image of the demo for comparison. The slider looks fine (i.e. everything fits and scales and responds appropriately), but it’s much shorter than my client would like. Any suggestions on how to increase the height?

Alanajane
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nexus

Ok. In the settings you have set the grid width as 1920px. Please change it to 1140px. That should do the trick, I guess 🙂 . Thanks!

Alanajane

I’ve switched it back to 1140 pixels. I uploaded slides at 1140×450 pixels. Here is what it looks like on desktop computer (attached). The slider responds appropriately at smaller screen sizes, but I need for the image to not stretch on larger screens.

Nexus

Sorry, I was not clear to you about the grid width. You can have the image width 1920px, no problems with that. Only the grid width must be 1140px grid. You see, our theme is based on 1140px grid and hence the number. So, please revert back to your old image size and only change the grid width. Thanks.

Alanajane

Thank you for your swift reply.

Grid width is at 1140 pixels. Image is now 1920×450 pixels. Attached is a screenshot of the result.

Nexus

Hi,

I didn’t know that the text was embedded in the image. I thought that the text was in a separate layer inside the Revolution Slider. Revolution Slider will try to maintain some minimum height of the slide sacrificing the width and will try to accommodate the captions(text) within the specified grid (in this case 1140 grid). Since you have the text embedded in the image, slider will just treat it as a image and not as a separate text layer.

Try re-sizing the slider in our demo site and you can see the background images are getting cropped while the text is being moved to the center because we have put the text to a separate layer.

Here I am going to suggest few solutions that might help.

1. If you want to keep the images as it is and still get a better result, then use the grid width as 1920px. That way Revolution slider will not sacrifice the width, but as the devices get smaller your slider height will be small.

2. You can use Flex or Nivo Slider that comes with the theme and they will do a good job of not cropping the image

3. The best would be to recreate images with the text within the 1140px width and not beyond that. See the screenshot attached, where it is clear that the text you have in the images go beyond the 1140px content area. You will have to move the text to the middle as we have done in our demo site. Revolution Slider will assume that anything beyond the grid width is not important and will try crop it when necessary.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.