September 18, 2018 at 10:07 pm #31062
Recently we have added a blog to out Fusion based WP website. I have 3 issues with the blog page view:
1) Most important: on the blog page site is serving chronological list of all blog posts. I would like to see only blog post exerps on the list. Instead of that I am seeing whole blog posts on the list ended with ‘read more’ button. What I did is to go into: Theme Options > Blog > Exerp character count (initially a blank input field) and putted there 140 chars limit. No luck. How I can configure that?
2) side menu visible on the blog page: I cannot find a place in the panel where I can configure what is displayed in this side nav (by default there is a search input, our photos section, most popular blog posts).
3) top nav bar “where am I”. When I go to some categorized blog post is shows: Home \ CategoryName \ PostName. What I am missing over there is a shortcut link to the blog page, ie: Home \ Blog \ CategoryName \ PostName. How I can achive that?
Our blog url: http://vizuminfo.com/pl/blog/
Thank you!September 19, 2018 at 11:00 am #31067
1. Can you pls set it in settings > reading > For each article in a feed, show to Summary.
2.In Appearance > widgets Blog Sidebar you can drag and drop required widgets.
3. Will get back to you on this.September 19, 2018 at 11:39 am #31069
Ad1. it was already selected (summary) and does not work 🙁
Ad2. Thank you – it helped.
Ad3. OK waiting for help.September 19, 2018 at 4:09 pm #31070
Ad1. I did not know that I have to place more tag in the post body. Though that the expert is created automatically as fist X sentecenes/words. Now experts works – problem solved.
ad2. Solved earlier.
ad3. awaiting helpOctober 9, 2018 at 1:58 pm #31181
Any updated on point 3? 😉
top nav bar “where am I”. When I go to some categorized blog post is shows: Home \ CategoryName \ PostName. What I am missing over there is a shortcut link to the blog page, ie: Home \ Blog \ CategoryName \ PostName. How I can achive that?
Our blog url: http://vizuminfo.com/pl/blog/October 10, 2018 at 11:56 am #31186
Sorry for the delayed response.
Are you using any seo plugin ?October 11, 2018 at 11:33 am #31193
According to my knowledge we are not using any SEO plugins. Bellow is a full list of our activated plugins:
Contact Form 7
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (GADWP)
Livemesh SiteOrigin Widgets
Page Builder by SiteOrigin
Really Simple SSL
SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle
Social Media and Share Icons (Ultimate Social Media)
Widget Importer & Exporter
XML Sitemap & Google NewsOctober 18, 2018 at 11:52 am #31217
Any update? 😉October 19, 2018 at 7:29 am #31222October 23, 2018 at 1:21 pm #31229
I have read provided link (https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/19238/how-do-i-add-blog-as-a-prefix-to-permalink-structure-for-blog-posts-tag-pages). Desired and recommended answers tells that we should add only modifications to the permalink structre (rewrite codfes in .htaccess). But there is no exact rewrite code example (as code provided in the original question was involving adding all categories to the URL and creating ‘blog’ category).
could you please provide only the proper rewerite entries for the .htaccess files and I will give it a try?
- The forum ‘Fusion Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.