Blog coming out with latest post last – this is in reverse

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support Blog coming out with latest post last – this is in reverse

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kateynixon

I have put a new version of my blog with the following code

[show_post_snippets layout_class=”” post_type=”post” post_ids=”” taxonomy=”post_category” terms=”” number_of_columns=”3″ post_count=”9″ display_title=”true” display_summary=”false” show_excerpt=”false” excerpt_count=”50″ show_meta=”true” image_size=”medium” hide_thumbnail=”false” title=”” no_margin=”false” enable_sorting=”false”]

The blog posts are showing with the latest one last of all in the list. So my earliest post is top -left and they get more current as you go down the page. This is the opposite to what a blog should be and I don’t know what I’ve done wrong. Please help 🙂

Veena

Try enable_sorting =”true” and then you will be able to reorder the items with the help of post types order plugin-
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-types-order/

kateynixon

Hi, thanks for your reply. But I am unwilling to install another plugin. Why would I need a special plugin to get my blog coming out in the standard order? It doesn’t make sense. I am not asking to get it to do anything unusual, in fact it is doing something unusual and I must have changed a setting somewhere to make it do it.

I must have changed a parameter somewhere. I want to know which parameter it is so that I can correct it.

I am trying to minimize the number of plugins on my site. I do not want to add another one to correct something which should be corrected by something more simple.

Can you think again on this.

Has anyone else experienced it?

Thanks in anticipation of your kind help.

Veena

Latest post first is the default one , i am not sure where you have changed the code .
    Any ways you can try modify line no:803 and 804 in file framework/functions/post-functions.php to

$query_args['orderby'] = 'date';
     $query_args['order'] = 'DESC';

and see if it helps .
    keep enable_sorting=”true” in the shortcode .

kateynixon

Hi just to anyone else reading this know that I was confused because it was not my blog that was coming out in reverse, rather the post_snippets in a portfolio layout.

I have now sorted it out with the order posts plugin

Thanks so much for your support.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Blog coming out with latest post last – this is in reverse’ is closed to new replies.