blockquote / testimonial slider customisations

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Enigmatic Theme Support blockquote / testimonial slider customisations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    elaine

Hi,

1) Is it possible for the URL link to open in a new browser window rather than the existing window?

[blockquote author="Edward Rubenstein, Director - Sales" affiliation="Some friendly customer" affiliation_url="#"]

2) What is the best way to customise the divider bar? I want to remove the blue star. I can see where the file is located in the folder. If I do this via child theme, where do I put the new image link?

Thanks

livemesh
    Keymaster

1) Opening in a new window not possible at present with the shortcode. You can make a code change to the file /framework/shortcodes/typography-shortcodes.php at line number 68 to –

from

$author_info .= '' . $affiliation . '';

to

$author_info .= '' . $affiliation . '';

The disadvantage is that this will make all URL in the footer to open in a new window.

Another way is to enter the HTML directly instead of using the shortcode (limitations of using shortcodes – hard to customize) –

Cras consectetur semper ultricies. Sed ac risus orci. Aliquam id metus nibh. Ut pulvinar, odio ut dapibus consectetur, purus nulla lacinia libero, vitae rhoncus sapien leo vel risus. Aenean nec varius dui.

- Edward Rubenstein, Director - Sales, Some friendly customer

2) To customize blue bar, you can use Custom CSS entered into style.css of child theme or in custom/custom.css or Custom CSS tab in theme options –

#slider-testimonials .author {
    background: url(images/seperator-testimonials.png) no-repeat top;
    }

This means you can put the background image anywhere in the child theme and just have to change the url of the image. You can even upload the image to WordPress and then replace the above URL for the background to your image URL this way –

#slider-testimonials .author {
    background: url(http://mydomain.com/images/seperator-testimonials.png) no-repeat top;
    }

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Enigmatic Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.