BACKGROUND FOR TITLE HEADER AREA

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Peak Theme Support BACKGROUND FOR TITLE HEADER AREA

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Veena Veena 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pfincher
    pfincher

I have just started using peak and was putting an image in this area. The image’s default size is 1050px x 400px. Using the previous theme this was scaled to 443px x 169px. I was trying to figure out how to scale this in peak through the Theme Options. Am I missing something?

Raghavendra
    Raghavendra

If you provide an image which is 443px x 169px, it is going to expand the space available (the css background-size: cover applies) since typically on desktop this area can go upto 1920 or more in width. There is nothing in theme options which should help with this.

If you create a test page for me which has this image set title header image and tell me how exactly you want this to look, I can suggest something via custom css.

Pfincher
    pfincher

Hello Meteorite,

Please see the front page of wearerare.org. The image at the top of this below the menu (and child pages) is what I was hoping to keep at least on the home page. After inspecting the original site more it appears that the image doesn’t span the whole area. In my development site staging.wearerare.org with the peak theme the image spans the whole block. Can I have the following in the title area:

Page Title on left <Gap> Image to the right

Thank you for your time. I am a software engineer but have not done a ton of web development 🙁 I have basic HTML and CSS knowledge but am learning things as I go. This is the most complex setup I have dealt with.

Thanks,
    Paul

Raghavendra
    Raghavendra

If you need the title to be the left and image on the right, I would suggest you remove the title bar with the help of the option in the page edit window (see Advanced Entry Options).

You can then have a section at the top in the page builder with a two column row with one column displaying a heading and another displaying the image. Pls provide me a temp login as a private message in case you have trouble with it.

Pfincher
    pfincher

Thanks Meteorite. I did not see where I can disable the title bar. I will look at that tonight now that you have pointed me to where it is. I’ll let you know if I have more issues.

Thanks again,
    Paul

Pfincher
    pfincher
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena
    Veena

I have added below custom CSS in themeoptions and added padding(left and right) 20px for the widget in the widget settings window .

#post-934 .entry-content {
        padding: 0;
    }

Pfincher
    pfincher

Thank you Phoenix for your time. That makes since now. One quick question, the custom CSS in the Theme Options takes precedence over style sheet definitions unless !important is used in the stylesheet correct (or there is local html style definitions)?

Thanks,
    Paul

Veena
    Veena

The custom CSS will override the theme’s style.css file and it is not necessary to add !important in Custom CSS .
    Defining a rule with the !important discards the normal concerns as regards the ‘later’ rule overriding the ‘earlier’ ones.
    A rule that has the !important property will always be applied no matter where that rule appears in the CSS document.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.