Assistance with Portfolio on Extinct Theme

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Assistance with Portfolio on Extinct Theme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    alissajrobinson
    Participant

My site was working well for a while but since updating the theme (Extinct), I’m having a few ajax-related problems with the portfolio function:

1. On the main portfolio page, portfolio items are being repeated with each new ajax load
    2. On the category pages, ajax isn’t working at all. Only 6 items per category are loading. If I remove ajax functionality in the theme options, the pagination doesn’t work and returns 404 errors when I try and load additional pages.
    I’ve tested this in both Firefox and Chrome (latest versions) and the problem is the same.

Site: http://www.alissajrobinson.co.uk

Thank you in advance for your help.

alissajrobinson
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

We ll get back to you shortly on this .

Raghavendra

The pagination seems to be working now but again the posts are repeating. I see that there is the word ‘portfolio’ in the URL which may cause issues in some situations. Is it possible to quickly change the url to something else and see if the problem gets resolved by any chance? I will take a deeper look if that does not help.

Raghavendra

If changing the url from portfolio is not an option for you, pls let me know and I will try out a solution that should resolve the issue. Will require code change and a theme update.

alissajrobinson
    Participant

Thank you for your help so far. Unfortunately, the pagination is not working. If you click on any of the pages they lead to 404 errors. I will wait until this is sorted before changing the URL so that you can still gain access. I would prefer the ajax was working to the pagination, but I do need one or the other working. Thank you.

Raghavendra

I see that pagination works except in category pages. Again my best guess is – this is due to the portfolio in the URL which is keeping WordPress confused as to whether you are viewing a portfolio archive or a portfolio_category taxonomy page. We would not be able to solve the same unless you switch to another URL or change the slug of portfolio custom post type through code from portfolio to something else. Pls let us know if you are ok with changing the slug of portfolio entries and I can suggest a code change in your child theme.

alissajrobinson
    Participant

I changed the subfolder name from portfolio to freelance and I’m still having the same problem. Pagination doesn’t work, and neither does ajax on the category pages. Items on the main portfolio page do load via ajax, but are still duplicated. I would prefer ajax on all of the pages, rather than pagination. Can you please help sort this issue? Thank you.

alissajrobinson
    Participant

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am anxious to get this website updated and running correctly. Thank you.

Raghavendra

Alissa – Sorry about the delay. I was finally able to reproduce this weird issue in our dev installation and will have a resolution in next few hours.

Raghavendra

Can you pls check if things are back to normal? I had to just hit reorder button in the Portfolio admin page. For some reason, WordPress was getting confused about the ordering and messing up the pagination.

Same solution seemed to work in my dev installation.

alissajrobinson
    Participant

Thank you for sorting the main portfolio page, which is working perfectly. However, ajax is still not working on the category pages. If you choose any of the dropdowns (try web design or advertisements), there are more than 6 items in these categories.

Thanks!

alissajrobinson
    Participant

Hi, I would really appreciate this being looked into. This delay in getting the site up and running is rather frustrating. Thank you.

Raghavendra

I reverted to paged navigation for now. Can you pls check if the following is the content of .htaccess file in the root wordpress directory of your site?

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /freelance/
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /freelance/index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

Pagination is not working on your site for category archives and hence the URL like this one – http://alissajrobinson.co.uk/freelance/portfolio_category/web/page/2/ is generating error.

Raghavendra

Also do you have the option of keeping the site on the root domain itself instead of a subfolder like freelance? That could resolve the issues as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.