Contact form not sending out mail from contact_form

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support Contact form not sending out mail from contact_form

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mvietz112

The proper email was set in contact page within shortcode, however no mail is sent out.

mvietz112

This is the shortcode utilized in page:

[contact_form subject=”true” human_check=”true”]

livemesh
    Keymaster

You need to specify mail_to parameter too to the shortcode and provide your email address where you want to receive contact messages from users. Thanks

livemesh
    Keymaster

Here is the example from documentation in case you missed it –

[contact_form class="contact-form" mail_to="john.doe@example.com" human_check=true phone=true web_url=true subject=true]

mvietz112

mail messages are still not being sent and the specific code provided was used. Anything else I should look at?

Furthermore, can the form provide a notification, to demonstrate that the message was sent successfully?

mvietz112

sorry please disregard second part concerning notification.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Can you test the mail function as per the directions in this blog post –

http://www.butlerblog.com/2012/09/23/testing-the-wp_mail-function/

Also, I hope you received email when you created your user id and hope you are able to receive comment notifications too. In most cases, this is a site configuration issue or the mail landing up in the spam folder.

If you still have trouble, pls email me a temporary login to your site or leave a private message here with the login mand I can try to find out what’s happening. Thanks.

livemesh
    Keymaster

If the above tests fail and if you are not able to receive emails, pls contact your hosting provider to do a quick check of your mail configuration. Thanks

mvietz112

Livemesh,

I am still unable to send out mails. Do I need to enter smtp credentials somewhere else on the site?

The service does work on the host, (tested with VBS script)

livemesh
    Keymaster

You can use the following plugin to configure the mail settings for your site manually –

http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

Regarding my earlier query, were you able to receive emails from the wordpress installation- new user created, new site created etc.?

If you still have trouble, pls email me a temporary login to your site or leave a private message here with the login mand I can try to find out what’s happening. Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.