Agile WordPress Template page a bit broken after upgrading to WordPress 4.5.2

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Agile WordPress Template page a bit broken after upgrading to WordPress 4.5.2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    theadz
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I love this theme so hard, you can instantly tell when a website is using it because their website looks awesome.

I haven’t really had a problem with it until now, I have two websites using this theme. One I’ve upgraded to WordPress 4.5.2 and the other still on WordPress 4.5.1. On both, I use a single page with all the elements. I don’t think I’ve ever had the Visual Composer working on either, which is fine. The upgraded one now can’t really distinguish between the Visual tab and the Text tab… so previous RAW HTML sections I had now look like:

JTNDaDMlMjBjbGFzcyUzRCUyMmxhYmVsJTIyJTNFT2ZmaWNlJTIwSG91cnMlM0MlMkZoMyUzRSUwQTktMDAlMjBhbSUyMHRvJTIwNnBtJTNDYnIlM0UlMEFNb25kYXklMjB0byUyMFNhdHVyZGF5JTNDYnIlM0UlMEFBZnRlciUyMGhvdXJzJTIwYnklMjBhcHBvaW50bWVudA==

which is exactly the bit the client wants me to edit today. Is there anything I can do to fix this without going through the hassle of rolling back to WordPress 4.5.1?

Thanks,
    Adam.

[attachment file=22153]

Veena

Have you updated VC files ?
    You need to update VC (4.11.2) to the latest version. The latest version of VC is located in framework/plugins folder.

theadz
    Participant

Hi phoenix,

I’m sorry, I honestly don’t understand what you mean.
    Do I need to purchase Visual Composer from WPBakery? I’ve never used it before and never needed to, I’ve always built the pages using ‘Classic Mode’ on the page and it’s been fine up until now.

In the Plugins folder in WordPress, my ‘WPBakery Visual Composer’ is version 4.5.1 which doesn’t seem to be what you mean by “VC (4.11.2)”.

I’ve downloaded the Agile them again and uploaded the folders ‘js_composer’ & ‘templatra’ into my wp-content/plugins folder but that hasn’t made any difference.

I’ve looked everywhere for a ‘framework’ folder as mention but I can’t find it. What do you mean by that?

I apologise for the hassle, and appreciate your efforts to help me out here.
    Thanks,
    Adam.

theadz
    Participant

I’ve uploaded the latest Agile theme to my server and activated that (I now have two versions; the older ‘Agile’ and the newest ‘agile’). The latest version uses 3 more plugins which I’ve now installed and activated including something called PageBuilder.

I am now getting the message:

“The following plugin needs to be updated to its latest version to ensure maximum compatibility with this theme: Visual Composer.

Dismiss this notice”

I’m honestly not sure how to update this though, I’ve uploaded the ‘js_composer’ folder into the plugins directory that was bundled up in the agile them I just re-downloaded. Not sure what I’m supposed to do… the Visual Composer within the Plugins section of WordPress doesn’t have an Update available for me.

Thanks,
    Adam.

Veena

You can find the plugins zip file in frameworks/plugins folder.
    If you are using ftp method then you need to unzip the js_composer.zip and templatera.zip folder and add the js_composer and templatera folder to wp-content/plugins folder(replace with the older files) .You can check the plugins folder structure in wp-content/plugins folder.

Or You can do with wp-dashboard .

Just delete the older version and add the new one through plugins > add new > import the plugin files which is in the frameworks/plugins folder .

theadz
    Participant

Hi phoenix,

Thanks for that.
    I’ve now done a brand new fresh install of both WordPress and the Agile theme, using the latest versions of everything and I’m still getting the same problem. Using different browsers makes no difference. Is it possible that the Agile theme is not compatible with WordPress 4.5.1?

Also, just to clarify, what do you mean by “frameworks/plugin” folder? Is that the same as “agile/wp-content/plugins” on the webserver?

Thanks,
    Adam.

theadz
    Participant

Hi phoenix,

Please ignore my last message. In WordPress I deactivated both Templatra and Visual Composer and then deleted them. I then reinstalled them just by the Plugins section of the WordPress dashboard from ‘Pre-packaged’ (I didn’t download them or anything) and now everything is perfect.

Thanks a lot for your help and patience.
    Regards,
    Adam.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Agile WordPress Template page a bit broken after upgrading to WordPress 4.5.2’ is closed to new replies.