Agile blog layout

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    primeimage

We’re trying to get our blog section (a page called News) to look like the LiveMesh Agile page: ‘Blog Shortcodes’ that came with the Theme (see attached https://www.livemeshthemes.com/themes/?theme=Agile) that is…

Most recent posts displayed in list with small thumbnails & short excerpts with right column containing blog related widgets.

This is the short code given in the sample page ‘blog shortcodes’
    [recent_posts post_count=5 hide_thumbnail=”false” show_meta=”false” excerpt_count=70 image_size=”small”]

If that shortcode is inserted into the page editor for our blog page (News), it does not affect the layout. Do I need to put any other code or shortcode into the page to get it to work?
    thanks!
    Susie

Raghavendra

The blog page itself does not display content you insert into the editor and it just lists the blog entries from the db. The key here is to not have ‘Blog’ as the chosen page template in the Page edit window (below the publish button in the Page attributes section). If you need to use the shortcode, pls use the page template ‘Default Template’ and shortcode above should get displayed.

primeimage

That makes sense, thank you, and it works.

How do we create the side widgets as per the above page example?

primeimage
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

You will need to drop some widgets into the Page widget area for those widgets to show up. If you want, you can use the unlimited sidebars function too to customize the sidebar for this page alone (pls see documentation for the same). If you still have trouble, pls post me a temp login as a private message here and I will have a look. Thanks

primeimage
    Raghavendra
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.