Adjust Flex Ticker Message Timing

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Austin Theme Support Adjust Flex Ticker Message Timing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mphdavidson

Hi!
    First, thanks for creating such a beautiful theme. It’s been great to work with so far.

My question should hopefully be straightforward. I’d like to:

1) Change the timing between messages on the flex ticker messages, what’s identified as the “slogan” in the HTML.

2) I’d also like to add a pause. So “Message 1”, “Message 2”, Pause. I’ve tried adding a space as “Message 3”, but I’d prefer not to have a blank space show up.

Thank you kindly!

Mike

Raghavendra

Glad you like the theme.

You will need to hack the js/main.js file for what you want to achieve-

1) Try to change the value of 2000 set as argument at line number 591 and see if that helps to increase or decrease the timing. Pls make sure you do refresh of the browser to reload the JS file changed.

2) Introduce a delay (http://api.jquery.com/delay/) in the script execution to achieve a pause. At least, that’s what I can think of at present.

mphdavidson

That’s great, meteorite, thanks for your help! 1) worked, and I’m sure 2) will work when I figure out where to put the delay. Just starting to learn JS so this can be my project.

Now I know where to look.

Thanks for the fast response!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Adjust Flex Ticker Message Timing’ is closed to new replies.