Add specific thumbnail size for testimonial images?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Add specific thumbnail size for testimonial images?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brotskybee

Hi there,
    I’m wanting to create an automatic size for the testimonial “featured image” so I don’t have to worry about making sure what I upload is already sized properly.

I’ve put the following in my child-theme functions file:

add_image_size( 'testimonial-thumb', 85, 85, true );

But I can’t figure out how/where to add the proper call for that size. Is there a testimonials template page somewhere that I’m just not finding easily? I did find some references to the testimonials image framework > presentation > custom-post-types.php file. But I’d obviously prefer to make these modifications only in the child theme.

Help?

Veena

You can add it in the file framework/shortcodes/testimonials-shortcodes.php at line no:69.

brotskybee

Ok. But isn’t that file likely to get overwritten at some point by updates? That’s my concern. I would prefer to make the change in the child theme somehow or other.

Or can I just duplicate that file structure and file in the child theme and have it be read?

Raghavendra

I agree that the change can get overridden later on – best to override the function mo_get_testimonial($post_count = -1, $column_count, $testimonial_ids = null) in your child theme. You basically have to copy the function content from the above file to your child theme functions.php. Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.