Add short description to a vid in the video gallery

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Elementor Addons Support Add short description to a vid in the video gallery

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nils RUINET
    Participant

Hi,
    I just bought the Elementor pro addons.
    I’m building a video portfolio site showing my work, and I chose Elementor to do that. I started using WordPress a couple of days ago so I’m a total newbie here πŸ˜‰

I added a video gallery at the bottom of my page, which does work fine and looks great.
    I would have a little feature request, if that’s possible in the future (or maybe there is a way to achieve this otherwise ?) : when someone clicks on a thumbnail and opens a video, I would like to be able to add some text (2-3 lines maybe) with a short description under that video while it’s playing.
    I know I can already display the title and tags when the mouse hovers above the thumbnails, but I would need to be able to add a longer description in some situations.
    Here is the website I’m building (scroll down for the gallery) : http://www.nilsruinet.fr
    I attached a pic with a basic example of what I’m trying to achieve.

Is there a way to do that already ? And if not, would you please consider adding such a feature in a future release ?

Thanks a lot !
    Nils.

Raghavendra

Thanks for providing us your input. Let me have a look at possibilities of accommodating your need and get back to you in next 2 days time.

Nils RUINET
    Participant

Cool, thank you ! πŸ™‚

Raghavendra

I have done some research on this – the change you ask for should be done in next 5-6 working days. In fact, we are planning to change the lightbox script with many more features (thumbnails, full screen support, touch/swipe gestures etc.) to accommodate this change. Pls stay tuned for an update from our side.

Nils RUINET
    Participant

That’s great news, looking forward to that update !
    Thanks a lot, I’ll keep an eye on it πŸ™‚

Nils RUINET
    Participant

Hi, I just tested the new 1.8.0 upgrade.

It seems indeed to be a nice step in the right direction, but doesn’t really cover the needs I mentioned. It’s nice that the video covers most of the screen, and the text below the video is nice. But right now the displayed text on the bottom of the video while it’s playing is the one you put into the “item label” box, and which is also displayed when you hover above the thumbnails. Would it be possible to add a “description box” that would not be displayed on the thumbnail but would be displayed under the video while it’s playing ? The idea is to keep the label short and precise, and be able to add a longer description under the video while it is playing.

Also, I noticed that on smaller (or more vertical screens like tablets), the video box now takes the whole high of the screen, resulting in huge black bars on top and bottom of the screen, which is not very elegant. And on Youtube videos, the still image before you hit play (on iPad the video doesn’t start playing automatically, which isn’t an issue in itself) is zoomed and cropped on the sides, which looks bad. See attached screen caps.
    I think it’s nice that the video takes most of the screen like it does now, but the shape of the box should adapt to the ratio of the video. If the video is 16/9, it’s better to keep it that way, even on vertical screens. Like it was before.

Last thing, and I think that did work before this upgrade, on iPad the labels and tags aren’t displayed most of the time when you tap on a thumbnail.

Thanks ! πŸ™‚
    Nils.

Raghavendra

Nils – will take a look at these issues you bring up on the black bars on image hover.

We had not targeted description for the earlier release – I am sorry if that was not clear. Meanwhile, the changes with the field for adding image/video description to the lightbox is ready and tested. Pls expect an update with the change tomorrow. Thanks

Nils RUINET
    Participant

Thanks for your answer ! πŸ™‚
    Great to hear that, I appreciate your help and will keep an eye on that upcoming update.
    Kind regards,
    Nils.

Raghavendra

Pls give us few more hours while we add a change to our posts grid module to add post excerpt to the lightbox and a link to the post itself as requested by another user. I believe it will be helpful to everyone. Thanks.

Raghavendra

We released a new version with ability to add video/image description and display of the same in the lightbox.

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/elementor-addons/change-log/

Nils RUINET
    Participant

Thank you,
    upgraded, works fine ! πŸ™‚

Nils.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Elementor Addons Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.