Add new feild using Metabox-manager.php

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support Add new feild using Metabox-manager.php

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    palmtree
    Participant

Hello Codemaster,

I would like to add a “phone” section between mobile and url-link displayed inside special sidebar in single staff page.
    I am customizing a theme using child-theme method so I have copied “single-staff.php” (and pasted into a child-theme) to modify. It works but only with re-editing (adding extra array) inside original “metabox-manager.php” located inside a parent theme. Copy method like I did for single-staff.php did not work. Are there any other way to adding a new array to override without touching original metabax-manager.php?

Furthermore, I want to be able to output googlemap by adding a shortcode provided by some plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/responsive-google-maps/ e.g. [responsive_map lat=”51.44303″ lng=”7.01247″] inside textbox to output googlemap underneath campus address. I pasted the shortcode but it just output the code as it is though pasting the same code into the content area does output the google map. Are there any way to output the google map using a short code provided by similar plugin? I have tried to change type from textarea to wysiwyg but did not work…

I appreciate your advise.
    Thank you.

palmtree
    Participant

As for googlemap output under the campus address, it doesn’t have to be a shortcode. I have only talked about example using that particular plugin. I don’t think I use the plugin anyway… I can find other code than shortcode of this plugin but the textarea has to recognize it… At this moment, it only accepts text not html.

Veena

1. Pls check if this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/ helps your need.

palmtree
    Participant

Looks like there is hope… I will let you know how it goes. It would be great if I can implement something. Thank you for letting me know this plugin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.