Accordion expanded on Desktop and collapsed on Mobile devices

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums WPBakery Page Builder Addons Support Accordion expanded on Desktop and collapsed on Mobile devices

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alexandre Alexandre
    Participant

Hello,

I am using the Livemesh accordion on my web page http://www.bon-cafe.net/nespresso/kitchenaid/

I would like the accordion to be, by default, in an expanded state on Desktop only AND be, by default, in a collapsed state on mobile devices, like Wikipedia does. I’m asking for it for the SEO purpose.

Wordpress: 4.9.5
    Addons for WPBakery Page Builder Pro : 2.1.1

Raghavendra

Alexandre – At present we do not have such an option and I am not sure I understand the SEO benefit. Can you pls clarify? Thanks

Alexandre Alexandre
    Participant

Hello.

Hidden content and the “read more” function can be some of the most effective ways of cleaning up a site. However, it may have some significant effects on SEO ranking.

John Mueller, an SEO expert at Google, went from stating that Google “may not” index or rank hidden content, to claiming the hidden content is “discounted” in 2014.

This was followed by a clarification in 2015 by Gary Illyes, a website trends analyst at Google, who explained that content of this type is given “way less weight in ranking” because it is hidden.

To summarize, it seems that Google does not treat content that is concealed behind tabs, accordions, or any other mechanism where JavaScript is used to reveal content, the same way as content that is clearly visible by default.

For example, if a reader has to click ‘read more’ to view the rest of a blog post or article, any keyword optimized text will not have as much power as the content that was visible by default.

On mobile version (Google Bot Mobile) treats the hidden content the same way as content that is clearly visible by default.

That is what I asked if Livemesh accordion could be used in different way at the time according to the version of my site : desktop or mobile

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘WPBakery Page Builder Addons Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.